Editor's Top 10 Picks
- Free Wi-Fi, free in-room juice, water and snacks
- Several guests found the hotel within walking distance of restaurants
- Many reviewers thought the staff were well trained, helpful and kind
- Numerous guests enjoyed modern and spacious rooms
- Parking costs $10 per day
- Several guests complained of noisy air conditioning
- A couple of reviewers reported limited parking and small spots
- Some guests thought the bathroom's glass wall with pull-down shade did not provide enough privacy for those using the washroom
- Free Wi-Fi, free breakfast, free parking and free newspapers
- Many guests described their rooms as clean and comfortable
- The staff were frequently complimented for their friendly service
- Several guests thought that the room rates were reasonable
- Several reviewers praised the food at the free breakfast and at the on-site pub
- No elevator
- A couple of guests found this property difficult to locate
- Free wireless Internet throughout, free parking, free local calls and voice messaging, free newspapers, free cribs and children under 18 stay free
- Many guests were pleased with the friendly staff
- Many guests really liked the food at the hotel's restaurant
- Hotel, rooms and bathrooms very clean according to guests
- Many guests enjoyed the pool, bowling alley, and lounge
- Guests thought the location was conveniently located to the Trans Canada Highway, downtown, close to attractions, groceries and transit
- No elevator to 2nd floor
- A few guests had Internet connectivity issues
- Some thought the hotel's exterior was old and needed cleaning and painting
- A few guests thought the rooms were a little dated
Guests loved the beds at this hotel and the kid-themed rooms, with separated bedrooms, bunk beds and Xbox gaming system. This is a great hotel for accessing the airport and also for taking little children to enjoy the especially kid-friendly waterpark which has various waterslides and is shallow enough for toddlers and babies at one end. Families can also bring the furriest member of the family to share in some great family times.
The on-site Chicago Joeâ€™s Restaurant and Sports Bar serves three meals daily and offers a lunch buffet on weekdays plus daily in-room dining. Guests are given a 3Bite Guarantee on meals.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, parking, airport shuttle
- Several guests enjoyed the pool at the hotel, especially young guests
- Guests liked the location for being near the airport and Polo Park shopping centre
- Beds were very comfortable according to some
- Guests liked the theme suites for their small children
- Guests found the airport shuttle service efficient
- Guests found the staff accommodating and friendly
- Some guests complained of noise and a chlorine odour in their poolside rooms
- A few guests had Wi-Fi issues
- Some guests complained of noise transfer
Itâ€™s not super close to downtown (15 minutes) or the airport (24 minutes) but it makes up for that with TLC. Guests really enjoy the hospitality and relaxing in the hotelâ€™s saltwater indoor pool and hot tub. Itâ€™s family friendly with a waterslide for the kids and pet friendly offering Fido dog treats and blankets at check in.
- Free daily hot and cold breakfast buffet and free soup and snacks most evenings, free 24 hr coffee and tea
- Free wireless Internet throughout, free airport shuttle, free parking, free local calls, free guest voicemail, and free newspapers
- Indoor pool with waterslide and whirlpool enjoyable according to guests
- Many guests praised the breakfast buffet, the clean hotel, the comfy beds and the friendly staff
- One guest had difficulty sleeping due to traffic noise
- One guest thought the pool was a little small
It provides good value with a lower room price and many free amenities: Wi-Fi, parking, a hot breakfast, airport shuttle, coffee and cookies and light meals in the evening.
Guests really like the staff here and find the suites spacious and well appointed with kitchenettes. There is a hot tub and fitness centre on site for some hot soaks and exercise.
- Free Wi-Fi, free breakfast, free airport shuttle and free parking
- Many guests described their rooms as clean and well-appointed
- Many reviewers found the location convenient for accessing Polo Park Mall and the airport (YWG)
- The staff were frequently complimented for their friendly and professional service
- Many guests indicated that they were likely to stay at this hotel again
- Several reviewers found the in-suite kitchenettes well-equipped
- A couple of guests thought that the room rates were expensive
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, airport shuttle, coffee, local calls
- Numerous guests liked that the hotel was close to the YWG airport
- Many guests felt that the hotel was quiet despite the close proximity to the airport
- Guests that mentioned the staff usually indicated that they were pleasant
- Several guests enjoyed meals on site
- Occasionally a guest complained about having to pay for parking $10 per night
- Free Wi-Fi, free parking, free hot breakfast buffet
- Many guests enjoyed their spacious, clean and well-equipped rooms
- Many guests enjoyed the hotel's free hot breakfast for freshness and selection
- The staff received many compliments from guests who said they were friendly and accommodating
- The hotel is located in a prime downtown area, within a short walk of the Forks Market and restaurants
- Many guests appreciated the value offered at this hotel
- A few guests thought the parking lot was a little small and did not allow enough space between the cars
- A couple of guests complained about the size of the 32" flat screen TVs
- Free Wi-Fi
- Many guests found the location convenient for exploring the downtown area on foot
- The staff were frequently complimented for their friendly and helpful service
- Many reviewers described their rooms as clean and well-appointed
- A few guests enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub
- Several guests thought that the parking fees ($15 per day) were expensive
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, 24-hour coffee & tea room service, local calls, national newspapers
- Guests generally enjoyed the rooms, finding them clean and comfortable and the beds received rave reviews for comfort and quality linens
- Staff were friendly, helpful and competent said guests
- The location was prime for it's proximity to the Forks, downtown restaurants, shopping and entertainment
- The spa was considered to be top notch by guests
- The hotel provided good value according to guest reviewers
- Many guests enjoyed meals on site, with the buffet breakfast receiving rave reviews
- Parking costs an extra $15 per night for self-parking and $20 for valet parking
- A few guests found the room's decor tired and televisions to be old
- Guests reported a lack of functional work desks with uncomfortable chairs and few electrical outlets
Tips For Staying In Winnipeg
Choosing A Hotel in Winnipeg
Quick Summary of Most Popular Areas
Downtown Hotels: central to most everything, a good selection of shopping, restaurants and the MTS Centre venue
Forks Market Hotels: a popular spot in the downtown area for tourists and locals alike where you can find boutique shops, art galleries, food stalls, restaurants and a variety of things to see and do
For most people visiting Winnipeg, staying in the downtown area will make good sense since it's quite central to everything. Still, you'll probably want to have a car if you're going to be in Winnipeg for more than a day or two, or if you're attending events or meetings outside of the immediate area in which you'll be staying. Parking will set you back about $10 for a day, and about $6 if you're just there for the evening. Parking is free, for the most part, everywhere else in the city.
Unlike larger mixed use urban areas like Vancouver, Toronto or Montreal, Winnipeg's downtown is more like a central business district, and less residential than other cities. Still, there is a lot of activity, dining and entertainment options in the downtown area.
If you're looking for something to do downtown, the Forks Market area (named so for where the Red River meets the Assiniboine River) is worth exploring. Half park and half market, it's a great place to walk around and spend a couple of hours. Situated along the river front, it's popular (even among locals) for its summer patio scene, snack stalls, food market, museums and shops. A four-season destination, in the winter, there are even ice skating trails on the Red River.
Little Italy (around Corydon Street)
Little Italy is a short strip along Corydon Avenue (about 5 minutes drive from downtown) which is best known for its restaurants, lounges, ice cream gelaterias and boutique clothing shops. A great place to grab dinner and a passeggiata stroll on a warm summer night.
St. Boniface (the French Quarter around Provencher Street)
Just over the Red River from the Forks Market (via the Provencher Bridge) is St. Boniface, Winnipeg's culturally french neighbourhood. Along the main drag of Provencher Blvd are a few shops, and restaurants. In the winter, it's home to Festival Du Voyageur, a festival the explores the historic lifestyle of French settlers and fur traders, and celebrates French-Canadian culture, music, food and heritage.
Osborne Village is a young and hip neighbourhood centred around Osborne Street. You'll find some great restaurants and interesting shops here.
Located about a 15 minute drive from downtown, and about 10 minutes to the airport, Polo Park is a large and modern shopping mall with over 200 stores. While Winnipeg may never be known as the shopping or fashion capital of Canada, if you're just dying to wander the aisles of a big box store in the area or in need of some retail therapy, you'll probably find what you're looking for here. The Winnipeg Stadium, home of the Blue Bombers, is also located here, and you'll also find a decent selection of chain restaurants in the area.