Error: Please specify a city, area, point of interest, or hotel
Oct 21, 2016
Error: Please specify a city, area, point of interest, or hotel
Red Deer Airport
Editor's Top 5 Picks
9.2 | Excellent
Hampton Inn & Suites Red Deer
128 Leva Ave
5.6 km from Red Deer Airport
Book from ~C$76
Highly praised Red Deer hotel with indoor pool, well-equipped rooms and free hot breakfast
Hampton Inn scores high on the customer satisfaction scale with a very high guest rating. Freebies include Wi-Fi, parking and breakfast. Guests were generally well pleased with the clean and spacious rooms, modern decor, strong Wi-Fi signal, breakfast and pool. Although there's no restaurant on site, Glenn's Family Restaurant is across the street. Downtown is 13 minutes' drive and the airport is only 10 minutes away by car. The Bower Place Shopping Centre is about a 10-minute drive away.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, hot breakfast, parking, local calls
- Rooms were clean, quiet and spacious said guests
- Guests appreciated mid-week evening receptions with complimentary wine, beer and appetizers
- Staff were friendly and accommodating
- Location handy to Hwy 2, restaurants, cinema, Costco
- Wi-Fi rated as excellent by online reviewers
- A few guests complained of poor water pressure and uncomfortably hard beds
9.3 | Excellent
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer
33 Petrolia Drive - Gasoline Alley
6.4 km from Red Deer Airport
Book from ~C$113
Highly praised south Red Deer hotel with indoor pool, waterslide and well loved restaurant
Holiday Inn is well reviewed. It offers free Wi-Fi and parking, is only 5 minutes to the airport and 9 to downtown. It has a restaurant on site that guests say serves good food, it has a pool and waterslide and is located only a 3-minute drive to Bower Place Shopping Centre.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, wired Internet, parking
- Rooms were very clean, spacious and well appointed
- Staff were outstanding said guests
- Many guests loved the hotel's restaurant
- Wi-Fi was rated as excellent by online guest surveys
- Location was handy to Hwy 2, with a Tim Hortons and McDonalds in walking distance
- Some guests missed having a free breakfast
- Very occasionally guests mentioned noise from the highway or children in hallways
- Some felt the hotel and restaurant were expensive
8.0 | Very Good
Days Inn by Wyndham Red Deer
1000-5001 19th Street
7.6 km from Red Deer Airport
Book from ~C$48
Popular Red Deer hotel with indoor pool, waterslide, mini-kitchens and free hot breakfast
Days Inn also has a high customer satisfaction rating. Freebies include Wi-Fi, parking and breakfast. Guests enjoyed the rooms and pool (with waterslide) at this location. It's an 11-minute drive to the airport and 8 to downtown. There's no restaurant on site, but the Toad & Turtle is across the street and Bo's Bar & Grill is a 3-minute drive away. Bower Place Shopping Centre is only 4 minutes away by car.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, hot breakfast, parking
- Rooms were clean and spacious said guests
- The pool area was a hit with families
- Wi-Fi was rated as excellent by online reviewers
- Guests typically enjoyed the free breakfast
- Location was handy to the Hwy, shopping, restaurants and Westerner Park
- Staff were accommodating and very friendly
- Many were pleased with the value of this hotel
- A few guests found their beds uncomfortably hard
8.7 | Very Good
Radisson Hotel Red Deer
6500 67th Street
12.7 km from Red Deer Airport
Book from ~C$81
Highly praised Red Deer hotel with indoor pool, suites with mini-kitchen & free hot breakfast
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, wired Internet, hot breakfast, parking, local calls, bottled water, newspapers
- Rooms were spacious, clean with very comfy beds
- Location was convenient to Hwy 2, shopping and restaurants
- Staff were awesome said guests
- Breakfast had good selection and quality and a great host
- Pool and fitness centre were well liked by guests
- Guests enjoyed dining on site
- Wi-Fi was rated as excellent by online reviewers
- Occasionally guests were disappointed in the fitness centre's hours
- Some did not like the interior facing rooms
Book from ~C$60
Pet-friendly Red Deer motel with clean rooms near Westerner Park, restaurants and shopping
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, breakfast, parking, all day coffee, pet stays and local calls
- Rooms were very clean and comfortable said guests
- Location was convenient to the Hwy, shopping, restaurants and Westerner Park
- Guests liked the value this hotel provided
- Staff were very friendly and helpful said guests
- Wi-Fi was very good according to online reviewers
- Some guests were pleased with the free to-go breakfast
- Some guests could hear their neighbours and guests in the hallways
- Once in a while a guest found the free grab and go breakfast too basic
6 Other Hotels Close to Red Deer Airport
Book from ~C$51
Red Deer budget hotel with basic rooms and free breakfast but mixed customer service reviews
A 3-minute drive from the airport, you could also walk to this hotel in 20 minutes, or take a brief ride on the #1 bus, which would require short walks to and from the bus stops on either end.
Downtown Red Deer is a 7-minute drive away, or a trip on the #1 bus from this hotel.
Earl's, a restaurant, is a 2-minute drive from this hotel. Likewise, Westerner Park is a 3-minute drive or a 20-minute walk from this hotel
- Free Wi-Fi, free wired Internet, free parking, free breakfast
- Guests liked this hotel's proximity to Hwy 2 and to Westerner Park
- Very clean rooms, according to guests
- Some guests thought that the rooms were small
- A few guests had trouble locating this hotel
- Staff received mixed reviews from guests
Book from ~C$100
Guests praised the warm staff at this hotel with a waterslide
This hotel is 11 minutes north of the airport when travelling by car. Unfortunately, there is no public transit line to service this route.
By car, downtown Red Deer is 4 minutes away. It is also possible to take the #1 bus with a short walk on either end.
The Bower Place Shopping Centre is 1 minute away from this hotel on foot, while the Sunnybrook Farm Museum is 7 minutes from the hotel on foot.
- Free Wi-Fi, free parking, free hot breakfast buffet
- Personal, friendly service from staff, according to guests
- Guests felt that they received good value
- Large, clean rooms, according to guests
- A few guests thought that the pool was small
Book from ~C$69
Friendly staff but concerns about upkeep, according to reviewers
This hotel is 11 minutes north of the airport by car. It is not possible to take public transit from the airport to this hotel.
One can reach the heart of downtown Red Deer in 4 minutes by car. The #1 bus also travels from the hotel to downtown.
The Bower Place Shopping Centre is 2 minutes away on foot, while the Sunnybrook Farm Museum is a 7-minute walk from the hotel.
- Free Wi-Fi, free hot breakfast buffet, free parking
- Staff focused on making guests happy, according to reviewers
- Guests liked this hotel's proximity to Bower Place Mall and to Westerner Park
- Aging hotel, in need of maintenance and repair, according to guests
- Some guests felt that there was a lack of attention to cleaning
- Rooms were small, according to guests
Book from ~C$73
Older but renovated Red Deer hotel off Hwy 2 with indoor pool and suites with mini-kitchen
This hotel is 14 minutes north of the airport by car, and there is no public transit route to cover this trip.
The drive to downtown from this hotel is 6 minutes. It is possible to take public transit, walking then riding the #1 bus.
The Bower Place Shopping Centre is a 2-minute walk from the hotel and the Sunnybrook Farm Museum is an 8-minute walk from this hotel.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, parking
- Guests typically enjoyed the newly renovated rooms
- Moxies on site was a pleasure for several guests
- The staff was very well liked by the guests for being professional and competent
- Location was central and convenient to highway, restaurants and shopping
- Several complained of no free breakfast
- Uncomfortable beds and pillows a problem for some
- Better attention to maintenance and cleaning needed, according to several guests
Book from ~C$126
Popular Red Deer hotel with indoor pool, well-liked restaurant and lounge and free parking
This hotel is located 12 minutes north of the Red Deer Airport via car. There is no public transit line that covers this route.
Downtown Red Deer is 4 minutes away from this hotel by car. It is also possible to take the #1 bus to reach downtown.
The Bower Place Shopping Centre is a 5-minute walk from the hotel, and the Sunnybrook Farm Museum is 8 minutes away on foot.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, parking, local calls
- Guests enjoyed clean, spacious and well-appointed rooms
- Staff throughout the hotel offered excellent service, according to guests
- Guests liked the location, close to shopping, restaurants and the college
- The restaurant and overall food services were highly praised by numerous guests
- There was the occasional complaint about the food and service at the restaurant
- A few guests thought the hotel's decor was dated
Book from ~C$55
Red Deer hotel offers rooms with balconies, indoor pool, restaurant and jacuzzi suites
This hotel is 12 minutes north of the airport via car. It is not possible to take this route via public transit.
Downtown Red Deer is a 5-minute drive from this hotel. It is also possible to take the #1 bus to reach downtown.
A 10-minute walk will bring you to Piper's Creek, which you can stroll along and enjoy nature. The Sunnybrook Farm Museum is a 14-minute walk from the hotel, or a 3-minute drive away.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, parking, dog stays
- Many guests enjoyed large and clean rooms at the hotel
- Many guests liked staying on site where their convention was held
- Staff were friendly according to guests
- Guests found the location convenient for accessing the rest of the city, restaurants and shopping
- Many guests found the beds comfortable
- Some guests enjoyed meals on site
- Several guests complained of noise disturbances from loud guests and the attached night club
- Some guests complained of older rooms in need of updates
- Several guests complained of long waits for the elevator and also the lack of an elevator in certain sections of the hotel
- A few guests found the room service to be a little pricey
- A couple of guests were disappointed with the free snacks at the Club Level floor
Tips For Staying Near Red Deer Airport
The Red Deer Regional Airport (YQF) is a 17-minute drive south of downtown Red Deer in Alberta, Canada. It is found in a rural area, just off Highway 24.
Budget Rent-a-Car is on site and open from 7 am to 5 pm. Instead of driving, you can take the airport shuttle from Airport Shuttle Express, which offers quotes and shuttle booking online.
While public transit lines do not reach down to the airport, there are many convenient bus routes closer to the central city. Bus fares are $2.35 per ride for adults. A pack of 12 tickets is $24 and a day pass is $7, with discounts available for seniors, students and children.
On-site parking is free to travellers, excepting those who wish to use a parking station with a plug-in, as this service costs $10 per day.
All of the local hotels featured below offer free on-site parking.
Please note that there are no on-site restaurants or to-go food stands at this airport. The Circuit Cafe is 4 minutes away on foot and is open from 8 am to 4 pm on weekdays, 9 am to 5 pm on Saturdays, and is closed on Sundays.
All of the following hotels have free in-room Wi-Fi.