Error: Please specify a city, area, point of interest, or hotel
Jan 29, 2018
Editor's Top 4 Picks
7.8 | Good
Days Hotel & Suites by Wyndham Lloydminster
5411 44th Street
5.5 km from Lloydminster Airport
Book from ~C$71
Downtown Lloydminster hotel on Hwy 16 with indoor pool, restaurant and free parking
The staff of this hotel are very well liked, the restaurant and service has received recent compliments, and guests report that the pool and fitness area are well maintained. There is a new "wing" which was built around 2008, which guests liked, that offers suites, plus the hotel offers smoking and non-smoking rooms. It's only 10 minutes to the airport and a 3-minute walk to the Bell-Lloydminster Mall. Wi-Fi and parking are included.
- Free Wi-Fi and free parking
- Staff were accommodating and friendly said guests
- Clean and comfortable rooms, according to guests
- Several guests mentioned the good food and reasonable prices of the on-site restaurant
- A few guests appreciated the central location
- A few guests said the pool and fitness area were well-maintained
- Many guests said they would return
- Some guests thought the rooms rates were expensive
- A few guests were disappointed that the hotel did not offer a free breakfast
- A few guests found the in-room temperature controls ineffective
- Some guests complained of stained furniture or carpets
- A couple of reviewers complained about smelling cigarette smoke in the halls
8.6 | Very Good
Holiday Inn & Suites Lloydminster
5612 44Th Street
5.3 km from Lloydminster Airport
Book from ~C$82
Comfortable downtown Lloydminster hotel with indoor pool, kitchenette and jacuzzi suites
Holiday Inn comes out as a very good hotel in the online scores. It's also located only 10 minutes to the airport and guests have enjoyed their stays here due to the friendly staff, well-equipped and quiet rooms, the decent on-site restaurant and enjoyable pool. The location was praised for being close to Hwy 16 and for having restaurants within walking distance. It also offers free Wi-Fi and parking and has a fitness centre and hot tub for guest enjoyment.
- Free Wi-Fi and free parking
- Many reviewers found the on-site restaurant to be an added convenience
- The staff were frequently complimented for their attentive service
- Many guests found the location convenient for accessing restaurants and Hwy 16
- Several reviewers enjoyed the indoor pool
- Many guests found the rooms clean with comfortable beds
- Several guests thought that the room rates were expensive
- A couple of reviewers complained that the Wi-Fi service was unreliable
Book from ~C$69
Highly praised Lloydminster hotel with free hot breakfast, mini-kitchens and hot tub suites
The West Harvest Inn is one of the more reasonably-priced hotels in town and it's the closest to the airport at 8 minutes' drive. It's only 4 minutes to downtown and walk-able in about 14 minutes. It has a restaurant and lounge, no pool but a fitness centre and steam room as hotel amenities. Guests said the food at the restaurant was good and the rooms were clean with comfortable beds. It has easy access to the Yellowhead Trail and offers free Wi-Fi and parking to all guests.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, wired Internet, hot breakfast, parking, local calls
- Many guests described their rooms as clean and quiet
- Many guests enjoyed meals on site
- Guests liked the central location in the downtown district, right off the Yellowhead Trail
- Guests found the staff friendly and helpful
- Wi-Fi was rated as excellent by reviewers overall
- Many guests raved about the free breakfast
- No elevator to second floor
9.0 | Excellent
Best Western Plus Meridian
8.1 km from Lloydminster Airport
Book from ~C$88
Well-liked south Lloydminster hotel attached to Servus Sports Centre with jacuzzi suites
- Free Wi-Fi, free breakfast and free parking
- Many guests described their rooms as clean
- Many reviewers praised the food and service at the free breakfast
- The staff throughout the hotel were frequently complimented for their friendly and helpful service
- Several guests found the location convenient for accessing restaurants and Hwy 17
- Several reviewers appreciated having pedway access to the neighbouring Servus Sports Centre
- No pool or hot tub, which a small number of guests thought might be a welcomed addition
1 Other Hotel Close to Lloydminster Airport
8.1 | Very Good
Ramada by Wyndham Lloydminster
5610 44Th Street Hwy 16
5.3 km from Lloydminster Airport
Book from ~C$68
Popular downtown Lloydminster hotel near dining and shopping with in-room jacuzzis
On the Trans-Canada Highway, this hotel is just a 10-minute drive from the airport.
Centrally located to all of the amenities in the Lloydminster city centre, this hotel is just a 5-minute walk from the Bell-Lloyd Mall.
There is no on-site restaurant at this Ramada, however, there is a free continental breakfast served in the breakfast bar, and a number of restaurants are easily located within a 3-minute walk in either direction.
An on-site fitness centre is available for guest use.
- Free Wi-Fi, free continental breakfast, free parking
- Many guests praised the hotel's accommodating and friendly staff
- The hotel's rooms were found to be comfortable and very clean
- Several guests praised the hotel's proximity to shopping, dining and highway access
- Noise transfer was reported by a few guests
Tips For Staying Near Lloydminster Airport
While Lloydminster Airport (YLL), located just 12 minutes northwest of the city of Lloydminster by car, is in Alberta, the city itself is split by the provincial border of Saskatchewan (on Highway 17), and half of the addresses in the city are located in Saskatchewan. The arirport terminal building is not open on weekends, but only on Monday to Friday from 7 am to 6:30 pm.
Free parking at the airport is available up to a maximum of 30 days.
Here is a list of taxi services and their phone numbers running in the Lloydminster area.
If you need to rent a car there are two car rental companies located at the airport terminal: Budget Car Rental Agent and Enterprise Car Rental.
The Trans-Canada Highway 16 is an 8-minute drive from the airport, and Highway 17 running along the provincial border is also an 8-minute drive away.
Edmonton, AB is an approximate 2-hour and 45-minute drive from the airport, while Saskatoon, SA is approximately a 3-hour drive away.