Error: Please specify a city, area, point of interest, or hotel
Oct 13, 2016
Error: Please specify a city, area, point of interest, or hotel
Lions Gate Hospital
We looked for clean and comfortable accommodation close by to the hospital that would not cost too much.
Editor's Top 5 Picks
9.2 | Excellent
Pinnacle Hotel At The Pier
138 Victory Ship Way
1.5 km from Lions Gate Hospital
Book from ~C$129
Highly praised North Vancouver hotel with harbourfront views, restaurant and indoor pool
This smoke-free hotel offers excellent value and is very highly rated online with a very high recommendation rate and guest rating average. It's only a 5-minute drive to the hospital and guests liked the pleasant and helpful staff, well-appointed rooms with mini-fridges and microwaves (some with harbour views), and location close to SeaBus, restaurants and shopping. There's public transit nearby for getting to and from the hospital if needed.
There's a restaurant (with good food say guests), indoor pool, hot tub and sauna on site. Parking costs extra, but Wi-Fi, local calls and bicycle rentals are free. Late arrival meals can be ordered (24 hours in advance) and they will be waiting for you in your room's mini-fridge if you expect to be late and hungry or just want cooked food available in your room. You can order via fax or email listed at the bottom of the menu.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, bicycle rentals, local calls, newspapers
- Many guests described their rooms as clean and well appointed
- Many reviewers described pleasant views of the harbour from their rooms
- The staff were frequently complimented for their friendly service
- Many guests found the location ideal for exploring the downtown area on foot and for accessing the Vancouver ferry
- Several reviewers praised the food at the on-site restaurant
- A couple of guests thought that the menu prices at the on-site restaurant were expensive
- Parking is $15 plus tax per night
7.9 | Good
Lonsdale Quay Hotel
123 Carrie Cates Court
1.5 km from Lions Gate Hospital
Book from ~C$120
North Vancouver-Lonsdale hotel near Sea Bus with restaurant, water views & jacuzzi suites
Also on the waterfront, with on-site breakfast (not free) and two restaurants next door. Guests liked the clean, comfortable and spacious rooms here, the location (close to SeaBus, shops, restaurants), and friendly staff who some said were very accommodating. It's smoke and pet-free here, parking is extra, but Wi-Fi is free. It's possible to get back and forth from the hospital to the hotel in about 11 minutes by bus from this hotel (or 5 to 7 minutes by car).
- Free Wi-Fi
- Many guests enjoyed their accommodations, and found them comfortable, clean and spacious
- The staff was described by several as friendly and helpful
- Guests found the location convenient in relation to the SeaBus Terminal, shops, restaurants, and attractions
- Parking is $12 per day
- Some guests had difficulty locating the hotel and its parking
- A few reviewers had complaints of noise from adjacent rooms and the shipyard
- A couple guests found the layout of the furniture to be inconvenient
7.2 | Good
North Vancouver Hotel
1800 Capilano Road
3.7 km from Lions Gate Hospital
Book from ~C$66
Quiet and clean North Vancouver hotel with kitchenettes and outdoor pool
This hotel is an excellent budget option. They also include a hot breakfast (that guests like), Wi-Fi, parking and bottled water in the room rate. It's an older motel-style property, but is well-kept and very clean with very comfortable beds, according to reviews. Guests say the hotel staff are friendly and helpful. It's smoke-free and rooms come equipped with mini-fridges and microwaves.
There's no restaurant on site, but there are options about a minutes' walk away from the hotel (Panago Pizza, Capilano Cafe). There's an outdoor pool and free passes to a fitness gym. There's no elevator to the second floor, so keep that in mind when booking. It's about a 7 to 10 minute drive to the hospital from the hotel and public transit is quite do-able with only a 4-minute walk to the bus stop from the hotel and a 1-minute walk to the hospital from the bus stop. It should take about 19 minutes including the 5 minutes' walking time.
- Free Wi-Fi, free parking, free breakfast
- Most guests were pleased with the hotel's proximity to the area's tourist attractions and the Trans-Canada
- The staff and management were complimented by several reviewers
- Many lodgers gave positive feedback about the hotel's free breakfast
- A few reviewers complained about noise transfer between rooms and highway traffic noise
- A couple of guests expressed disappointment that there was no elevator to the second floor
7.2 | Good
BEST WESTERN Capilano Inn & Suites
1634 Capilano Road
3.9 km from Lions Gate Hospital
Book from ~C$60
Good value hotel in North Vancouver with spacious rooms and free passes to Fitness World
- Free Wi-Fi, free parking, free local calls
- The location was praised by many, who described it as close to local attractions and highway access
- Many guests found the beds comfortable and the rooms spacious and clean
- Many guests appreciated the value offered by this hotel
- A few guests felt a complimentary breakfast should have been included and complained about the restaurant prices
- A couple of guests complained about limited parking spaces
- No elevator access to second level
7.3 | Good
Comfort Inn and Suites North Vancouver
1748 Capilano Road
3.8 km from Lions Gate Hospital
Book from ~C$57
Comfy North Vancouver hotel in a well-liked location with free breakfast and free parking
- Free Wi-Fi, free parking, free continental breakfast
- Most guests were pleased with the hotel's location, describing it as close to attractions, downtown Vancouver, and Hwy 1
- Friendly and helpful staff, according to many guests
- Many enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and felt it added overall value to their stay
- Many guests thought the hotel offered good value
- Many found the rooms to be clean, basic but comfortable
- Guest rooms were renovated in 2013
- Guests said the hotel was old, and most were referring to the exterior
- A few guests said the bathrooms needed updating
- No elevator to the second floor
4 Other Hotels Close to Lions Gate Hospital
9.8 | Excellent
Crystal's View Vancouver Bed and Breakfast
420 Tempe Crescent
1.4 km from Lions Gate Hospital
Book from ~C$188
Charming European-style B&B in North Vancouver near trails and transit with stunning views
This hotel is a 6-minute drive or taxi ride from the hospital. The hotel can be accessed by public transit on route 232, however, the route involves 16 minutes of walking time to access the appropriate bus stops.
This hotel is located within a residential neighbourhood.
Complimentary parking is available for the duration of your stay.
- Free Wi-Fi, free parking and free breakfast
- Many guests described their rooms as clean and comfortable
- Many reviewers described pleasant city views from their rooms
- The hosts were frequently complimented for their welcoming service
- The food at the free breakfast was frequently praised by guests
- Several guests found their rooms to be well appointed
8.9 | Very Good
Holiday Inn North Vancouver
700 Old Lillooet Road
3.3 km from Lions Gate Hospital
Book from ~C$107
Highly praised & pet-friendly North Vancouver hotel with indoor pool and kitchenettes
This hotel is an 8-minute drive or taxi ride from the hospital or can be accessed by bus within 19 minutes.
This hotel is located in a mainly residential neighbourhood, surrounded by houses, and within a 6-minute walk of Lillooet Park. There is a pizza restaurant and a pub within a 5-minute walk of the hotel.
Parking is free at this hotel for the duration of your stay.
- Free Wi-Fi, free parking, kids under 12 eat free
- Most guests were pleased with the location of the hotel in relation to the highway and tourist attractions
- Many reviewers complimented their rooms on their spaciousness, cleanliness, and amenities
- Some praised the views from their rooms
- Guests liked the hotel's proximity to walking trails and parks
- The staff was praised by several lodgers for being well trained and friendly
- Guests loved the beds at this hotel
- Several guests enjoyed meals on site and liked the selection offered
Book from ~C$77
Budget hotel in North Vancouver with outdoor pool and free breakfast but mixed reviews
This inn is an approximate 8- to 10-minute drive from the hospital, or it can be accessed by public transit within 15 minutes by bus.
The inn is across the street from the Best Western and on the same street as two other hotels. The area directly surrounding the hotel is mainly residential houses with some retail establishments. There is a Staples and a gas station across the street and both Panago Pizza and Denny's can be accessed on foot within 5 minutes.
Free parking is available for the duration of your stay at this hotel.
- Free parking, free Wi-Fi and free breakfast
- Many guests found the location convenient for exploring the area by car
- Many reviewers thought that the room rates were reasonable
- Several guests complimented the front desk agents for their friendly service
- Several reviewers found their beds to be comfortable
- A few guests complained about noise disturbances from neighbouring rooms
- A couple of reviewers found the Wi-Fi service unreliable
- Many guests complained of a musty smell at the hotel
- Some guests said the rooms were dated and in need of renovation and repair
- Guests complained that the food at the free breakfast ran out too quickly
6.1 | Fair
Travelodge Vancouver Lion's Gate
2060 Marine Drive
4.2 km from Lions Gate Hospital
Book from ~C$39
North Vancouver hotel with cheaper rates and friendly staff but mixed room reviews
This hotel is an approximate 9-minute taxi ride or drive from the hospital, or the hospital can be reached by bus within 17 to 20 minutes.
The hotel is located off of a stretch of highway on Marine Drive and the area surrounding the hotel is mainly residential with some retail shops. There is a Denny's located beside the hotel as well as a Pho restaurant and Earl's restaurant. It is also within a 5-minute walk of Klahanie Park.
Parking at this hotel is complimentary during your stay.
- Free Wi-Fi, free parking
- Most guests found the staff warm and accommodating
- Several lodgers were pleased with the price and value of the hotel
- Guests said the rooms were basic but clean and comfortable
- The location was well liked by guests for accessing the ferry to downtown, nearby restaurants, Grouse Mountain
- Some guests had complaints about noise transfer from adjacent rooms and outside
- No elevator access to second floor
- Guests complained of dated rooms and fixtures in need of repair
- Some guests found their rooms improperly cleaned
Tips For Staying Near Lions Gate Hospital
Lions Gate Hospital is part of the Vancouver Coastal Health network and is located in North Vancouver on East 15th Street. The area surrounding the hospital is mainly residential, containing apartment buildings and houses as well as scattered retail spaces.
The main parking area for the hospital is located on East 15th Street and St. Georges Avenue. Fares for this lot are $2 per half hour, $15 per 24 hours and $51 per week.
There are four other lots aside from the main lot, depending on which building you are parking at on the hospital grounds, and full fare details can be found on the hospital's website.
Getting Around: Driving
The Trans-Canada Highway, which provides access to downtown Vancouver, is a 5-minute drive from the hospital. Downtown Vancouver is an approximate 20-minute drive away.
Driving times to the hotels located closest to the hospital, and featured below, from 4 minutes to about 10 minutes.
Getting Around: Public Transit
The closest bus stop is located outside of the main entrance and this is a stop for route 240, which directly accesses downtown Vancouver. The ride into downtown will take about 30 minutes.
There are several cab companies that serve North Vancouver, including Sunshine Cabs. Fares will vary depending on the destination, however, to reach the hotels closest to the hospital, fares will range from approximately $7 to $19.
The hospital houses one cafeteria and one coffee bar. Terrace Cafeteria is located in the main lobby of the hospital and is open daily. Mehri's Coffee Bar is located at the main entrance of the hospital and serves small meals, including sandwiches and pastries as well as coffee and espresso beverages.
Patients staying at the hospital can choose from menu choices brought to their room. Visitors are allowed to bring outside food and drink to patients staying at the hospital, however, it is advised that there are no facilities to store any food brought in.
There is a gift shop located in the main lobby of the hospital that sells toiletries, small gifts, flowers, magazines and stationary. The gift shop is open daily except for holidays.
Davies Prescription Pharmacy is located on St. Georges Street within a 1-minute walk from the main entrance of the hospital. There is a Shopper's Drug Mart and a Safeway within a 5-minute walk of the hospital.