Error: Please specify a city, area, point of interest, or hotel
Dec 5, 2016
Editor's Top 4 Picks
8.7 | Very Good
Cambridge Suites - Sydney
0.8 km from Casino Nova Scotia Sydney
Book from ~C$116
Popular downtown Sydney hotel with harbour views, indoor pool and kitchenette suites
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, wired Internet, hot breakfast, local calls
- Guests found the staff friendly and accommodating
- Guests enjoyed meals on site, along with the free breakfast
- Many guests liked the rooms for being spacious and well equipped
- Guests loved the location near the waterfront, boardwalk and restaurants
- Good value at this hotel, according to many guests
- Several guests thought that the hotel should offer free parking
- A couple of guests thought that the room interiors were in need of updates
- Parking costs $7 per night
8.2 | Very Good
Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront
0.5 km from Casino Nova Scotia Sydney
Book from ~C$120
Indoor pool, fitness centre, on-site restaurant, downtown waterfront location
- Free Wi-Fi and free parking
- Many guests described their rooms as clean
- Many reviewers praised the harbour views from their rooms
- The staff were frequently complimented for their friendly service
- Many guests found the location convenient for exploring the downtown area on foot
- A couple of reviewers enjoyed the indoor pool
- A couple of guests thought that the hotel interiors appeared dated
- A couple of reviewers complained about limited parking
8.1 | Very Good
Comfort Inn Sydney
368 Kings Rd.
1.5 km from Casino Nova Scotia Sydney
Book from ~C$101
Well-liked Sydney hotel near harbour with updated rooms, free parking & free hot breakfast
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, hot breakfast, parking, local calls, all day coffee, newspapers
- Rooms were updated and clean with comfortable beds
- Location was scenic and handy to restaurants and downtown
- Staff well liked, hospitable and accommodating
- Breakfast was typically appreciated for its variety
- Wi-Fi was rated very good by guests
- No elevator (two floors)
- Breakfast room small according to guests
- Some complained of noise transfer on occasion from within the hotel
9.2 | Excellent
Hampton Inn Sydney
60 Maillard Street
1.7 km from Casino Nova Scotia Sydney
Book from ~C$101
Sydney hotel attached to convention centre with harbour view, indoor pool and waterslide
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, hot & cold breakfast, parking, 24-hr coffee & tea, newspapers, pets stay free
- Numerous guests praised their clean and well-equipped rooms
- The hotel's breakfast was complimented for its quality and variety
- Several lodgers were pleased with the level of customer service they received
- Attached by a pedestrian walkway to Membertou Trade & Convention Centre
- A few guests complained of noise transfer
2 Other Hotels Close to Casino Nova Scotia Sydney
6.9 | Fair
Travelodge Sydney Nova Scotia
480 Kings Road
1.9 km from Casino Nova Scotia Sydney
Book from ~C$97
Harbourfront location, indoor pool, free breakfast and on-site restaurant
Located on the harbourfront on Kings Road, this hotel is about a 3-minute drive (or 20-minute walk) from Casino Nova Scotia, and a 2-minute drive from downtown Sydney. Highway 125 is also just a 3-minute drive away.
The on-site Red Diner serves a free continental breakfast from 7 am to 10 am, and lunch until 2 pm. Restaurants are located in downtown Sydney, starting at a 2-minute drive away.
An indoor heated pool, hot tub and fitness centre are available on site to guests.
Free parking is available to guests during their stay.
- Free Wi-Fi, free breakfast and free parking
- Many guests thought that the room rates were reasonable
- Many reviewers found the location central for exploring the Sydney area by car
- The staff were frequently complimented for their friendly and helpful service
- Many guests described their rooms as clean
- Several reviewers enjoyed the indoor pool
- No elevator
- Several guests described the interior decor as dated
- A few reviewers found their beds to be uncomfortable
Book from ~C$95
Pet-friendly Sydney hotel overlooks harbour with indoor pool and well-liked fine dining
Located on Kings Road on the Sydney Harbour, this hotel is a 4-minute drive from downtown and Casino Nova Scotia. Highway 125 is a 3-minute drive away.
Free breakfast is served in the on-site Cape Bretoner restaurant from 7 am to 10:30 am. They are also open for lunch and dinner, as well as Sunday brunch, and guests can order in-room service from their menu.
Other restaurants can be found in downtown Sydney at a 4-minute drive away.
An indoor pool and fitness centre is available on site for guests' enjoyment.
Free parking is available on site.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, hot/cold breakfast, parking, pet stays
- Guests described rooms as clean and comfortable
- The staff were frequently complimented for their professional and friendly service
- Location was convenient to town and area attractions
- Guests really liked the chef-made meals at the restaurant
- No elevator to 2nd or 3rd floor
- Some guests found the hotel tired and in need of maintenance
- The free breakfast got mixed reviews
Tips For Staying Near Casino Nova Scotia Sydney
Located on the Sydney River on Cape Breton Island in Nova Scotia, the casino is perfectly situated near many hotels and restaurants in quiet downtown Sydney.
Within a 30-minute drive are the towns of Sydney Mines, New Waterford and Glace Bay.
Getting Around: Driving
The Casino Nova Scotia in Sydney is a 16-minute drive from the airport, while Highway 125 (Peacekeepers Way), which connects to the rest of Nova Scotia, is a 5-minute drive away.
Getting Around: Public Transit
Public transit is available within Sydney and to the neighbouring towns, Glace Bay and New Waterford as well as to Sydney Mines. Fares start at $1.25 and go up based on zones travelled. For schedules and maps head to the Cape Breton Regional Municipality Transit website.
A number of different taxi services serve the Sydney area and can easily be reached by hotel or casino staff if one is needed.
Free parking is available and is wheelchair accessible, right by the front door.
The on-site All-Star Grille serves up a wide variety of options sure to suit anyone's tastes. It's open Monday to Thursday from 11 am to 9 pm, Friday from 11 am to 12 am, Saturday from 7 am to 12 am and 7 am to 9 pm on Sunday.
Free coffee, tea, soft drinks and juice are available for when the casino is open overnight on weekends from 3 am to 7 am.
Other restaurants are available within a 10-minute walk, or a Tim Hortons is located just across the parking lot.
The gaming floor, featuring 275 slot and gaming machines, is open from 11 am to 3 am Monday through Thursday and 24 hours through the weekend from 11 am Friday to 3 am Monday.
If slots aren't your thing, they also have one Let-it-Ride Poker table, five black jack tables, one Black Jack Switch table and four poker tables in the poker room. Table hours are from 5 pm to 2 am Wednesday through Sunday.
The Cellidh Room features a rotating schedule of live bands and broadcasts sports games and UFC fights from the largest HDTV in Sydney.