5.0 | Mediocre
Urban Living Suites
See all photos
Budget property in downtown Toronto with kitchenettes and free Wi-Fi but mixed reviews
- Free Wi-Fi and free parking (few spots only)
- Several guests found restaurants/shops near the hotel
- Some guests liked the hotel's close proximity to downtown and/or Chinatown
- Numerous guests felt that this property was a good budget pick
- No elevator
- Many guests were displeased with the service and facilities provided
- Some guests thought that the hotel's location above a furniture store was odd
- Several guests complained about a lack of housekeeping service
- Guests complained of too few parking spots and getting blocked
- Many guests complained about the hotel's limited front desk hours (staff are gone from 11 pm to 9 am)
Choose dates to check rates & book this hotel
Updated Mar 15, 2015
The Urban Living Suites offers apartments located on the south side of Dundas Street West, between Bathurst Street and Ossington Avenue in Toronto, Ontario.more
This pet-free and smoke-free property has sixteen rooms and they include kitchenettes, private bathrooms, coffee makers, hair dryers, towels, linen, and free Wi-Fi. This property offers some limited free parking (six spaces). There are laundry facilities located nearby. The frequency of housekeeping service depends on the length of stay with long termed guests only receiving weekly service. This property does not have an elevator.
The property takes a $100 security deposit at time of check in that will be returned pending a post-departure room inspection.
This property is located near Kensington Market, about a 10-minute walk and the nearest public subway station is St. Patrick Station about an 8-minute walk away. The CN Tower is about a 6-minute drive from the hotel and both the Rogers Centre and the Air Canada Centre are at about the same distance (distances - Google Maps).
Guests had mixed opinions regarding this accommodation but seemed to agree that the location was good and the price was affordable.
Guests who liked the location were pleased with breakfast and dining options nearby. Other pluses were the nearby Kensington Market, the Toronto Western Hospital and getting to downtown, Chinatown and the art gallery.
Several patrons considered this property to be an economical or cheap choice that provided a budget option for guests who had less disposable cash.
The staff at the hotel were generally well-liked and some guests appreciated their service.
Recently some of the rooms have been renovated and guests were pleased with these more spacious accommodations.
There were a lot of complaints for this hotel online in recent reviews which centred around the lack of expected service and amenities on hand in the rooms.
One common complaint was a lack of daily housekeeping at the hotel. Some guests were displeased with the lack of cleanliness in their rooms.
Noise transfer was another repeated complaint with guests being disturbed from hallway noise, the outside revelers from nearby bars and loud A/C units.
It was disturbing to some that the front desk staff were not on site at night, but only during the day and evening hours. This resulted in a sense of a lack of security with the front door left unlocked while guests were sleeping in their rooms.
Some guests said the hotel was difficult to locate due to the renovations and wrong addresses on some sites online. Some guests were displeased with the lack of parking spaces and one guest complained of being blocked.
There were many complaints about missing and non-working amenities and some complaints consisted of: no curtains on some windows letting light in, no lamp, no radio, no phone and no cable TV, no comforter on bed, lights did not work, stove did not get hot enough to cook with, no dresser for clothes.
CanadianHotelGuide.com guest ratings averaged to 5.9 points out of 10 and the site had 113 reviews.
Expedia.com guest ratings averaged 2.7 points out of 5 with a 29% recommendation rate based upon 5 reviews.
Booking.com rated this hotel 5.9 out of 10 from 140 reviews.
- Toronto Western Hospital (0.2 km)
- Art Gallery of Ontario (1.1 km)
- Toronto Film Festival (1.4 km)
- Princess of Wales Theatre (1.6 km)
- Exhibition Place Toronto (2.0 km)
- Toronto Island Airport (2.4 km)
- Molson Amphitheatre (2.6 km)
- Casa Loma (3.0 km)
- St. Joseph's Health Centre (3.7 km)
- High Park (4.6 km)