See all photos
Older Toronto downtown hotel with kitchenette suites, pet-friendly rooms & free Wi-Fi
- Free Wi-Fi
- Many guests described their rooms as clean and generally comfortable
- Many reviewers found the location convenient for exploring the downtown area on foot
- The room rates were thought to be reasonable by many guests
- Several guests appreciated the in-room kitchenettes
- The staff were complimented for their friendly service by a few reviewers
- Underground parking is 13.56 per night
- A few guests complained of thin walls and resulting noise transfer
- Some rooms in need of better cleaning and renovations said guests
Choose dates to check rates & book this hotel
Updated Mar 15, 2015
Studio 6 Toronto, formerly Grange Hotel, is situated in downtown Toronto between Dundas Street and Queen Street West. This property is well located for guests looking to walk to several downtown attractions, including the Art Gallery of Ontario, Nathan Phillips Square, the Toronto City Hall and the University of Toronto, all of which are within a 15-minute walk.more
All rooms are smoke free and include free Wi-Fi, free local calls, a TV, a kitchenette (a stove top, sink, microwave, mini-fridge, a coffeemaker and toaster), a desk and air conditioning. Wheelchair-accessible rooms are not available. Pets are permitted in select rooms for an additional fee of $10 per night (to a maximum of $50 per stay).
Underground parking is available on site for an additional fee of $13.56 per night. This hotel also features guest laundry facilities on each floor and an elevator. This property does not have an on-site restaurant.
There are several downtown attractions that are accessible within a 20-minute walk or a 15-minute trip via public transit, including Yonge and Dundas Square, the Eaton Centre shopping mall, the Ed Mervish Theatre, Massey Hall, the CN Tower, the Rogers Centre and Union Station (GoTrain, subway and VIA Rail station).
The Billy Bishop Toronto Island Airport (YTZ) and the Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) are both a 25- to 30-minute drive away. (All walking, driving and public transit time estimates: Google Maps)
Verified by a front desk agent on March 15, 2015: parking fees
Among the reviews used for this analysis, many guests thought that the room rates were reasonable and that the hotel offered good value for the money they spent.
The rooms were often described as basic, but clean and comfortable, while several guests said that their rooms appeared recently renovated with modern fixtures and furnishings. Several reviewers appreciated the in-room kitchenettes, while several other guests found the beds comfortable. One guest who had stayed in a non-renovated room said the renovated ones are much better.
Many guests found the hotel conveniently located for exploring the downtown area on foot, including the AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario), restaurants, shopping and nightlife.
A few reviewers complimented the staff for their friendly service.
There were only a couple of common concerns found for this hotel, among the reviews sourced for this editorial. A couple of guests complained about noise transfer, while a couple of reviewers said that their rooms appeared dated and in need of upgrades.more
SourcesExpedia.ca gave this hotel an average score of 3.1 out of 5, with 82% of 493 guests recommending the property.
TripAdvisor.ca ranked this hotel #96 out of 141 hotels in Toronto, with an average score of 2 out of 5, from 3 reviews.
The author called the hotel on March 25, 2014 to verify some information.
- Toronto Western Hospital (0.5 km)
- Art Gallery of Ontario (0.7 km)
- Toronto Film Festival (1.0 km)
- Princess of Wales Theatre (1.1 km)
- Mount Sinai Hospital (1.1 km)
- Royal Alexandra Theatre (1.2 km)
- Sick Kids Hospital Toronto (1.2 km)
- Princess Margaret Hospital (1.2 km)
- Toronto General Hospital (1.3 km)
- Roy Thomson Hall (1.4 km)