Central location and friendly service, but concerns about dated interiors
- Free Wi-Fi, free breakfast and free parking
- Many guests found the location convenient for accessing area attractions by car
- The staff were frequently complimented for their friendly service
- Several reviewers described their rooms as clean
- A few reviewers thought that the room rates were reasonable
- Several guests found the in-room decor and furnishings to be dated
- A few guests described the Wi-Fi service as slow and unreliable
- A few guests complained of stale smoke odour
- A couple of reviewers complained about a lack of hot water
Updated Dec 17, 2012
9 out of 10 | Verified Guest stayed July 15, 2012
"Best customer service"
"Best location..30 minutes drive to Sauble beach, 1 hour to tobermory, 1 hour to bluemountain. I liked our room, great continental breakfast and best customer service."
4 out of 10 | James stayed May 21, 2011
"Don't stay here."
"Slow at check out; receipt was not left under door as promised; room windows were absolutley filthy; unpleasant odour throughout hotel; toilet bowl was too low and the water in it was too high - get the picture? If not, have a seat! Housekeeping slow at cleaning clumps of dirt from stairs and hallways. Very nosy location at intersection; sheets too short, small for beds, did not stay tucked in; pillows were thin and hard."
9 out of 10 | Verified Guest stayed July 24, 2005
"With regard to question #5 - The lady at the check out desk was very helpful and friendly and, in fact was the one who I spoke with on the phone originally and was extremely nice. However, when we booked into the hotel, the night man "Chad" was most unfriendly and had no personality whatever - in fact, we felt we were imposing upon him just by checking in. Hotel was very nice, clean, and the whirlpool tub was awesome."
8 out of 10 | Bernie stayed March 07, 2004
"This was our first time visiting Owen Sound. We came for a hockey game. The Travelodge was our choice as it offered the room we needed at an affordable price. The hotel was easy to find and was close to the areas we needed to get to. If we return we will very much consider staying there again."
10 out of 10 | Dave stayed February 22, 2004
"Keith and Jason went that extra mile for our stay. I recently phoned and commended the Manager for her great employees. I would stay here again in a minute."
5 out of 10 | David stayed December 28, 2003
"Needs new pillows and mattreses"