Business district hotel favoured by guests for its friendly service and clean rooms
- Free wireless Internet and free newspapers
- Many guests complimented the front desk staff for their friendly and helpful service
- Many reviewers found their rooms to be clean
- Several guests thought this hotel offered good value at an affordable price
- Several reviewers complimented the food quality at the on-site restaurant
- Many guests found the underground parking facility small and the parking fees expensive
- Several reviewers complained about noise permeating their guest rooms
- Several guests found their rooms small and cramped
- Several reviewers thought the hotel and guest rooms were in need of upgrades
Updated May 18, 2012
Several reviewers found this hotel to offer good value for the money they paid. A few guests found the room rate less expensive than other nearby properties.
There were numerous sources of noise disturbances described in many guest reviews. Several reviewers complained about hearing guest conversations or televisions from neighbouring rooms. A few guests were disturbed by slamming doors, while others were disturbed by street traffic (snow removal trucks, garbage trucks and buses). A couple of reviewers mentioned that their rooms overlooked a restaurant with an outdoor patio and they stated that noise from that establishment was at times a nuisance.
Many reviews stated that this property was in need of upgrades and/or repairs. Several guests described worn carpeting and window coverings, Sleep Number mattresses not in working-order, old televisions, unreliable elevator service, and dim lighting. A few reviewers also reported a lack of hot water in their bathrooms in the morning and evening. Several guests also found their rooms to be small and cramped.
8 out of 10 | Don stayed April 13, 2014
"HI. Firstly the booking agent was great. The front desk was professional, efficient and fun. The street renos and street sweeping at night was out of your control. One thing - I worked in many hotels and restaurants. I always found the odour of the kitchen could be allowed to permeate public/guest areas. That phenomenon exists in your hotel. I believe that addressing that issue will have recognizable benefits for your hotel."
7 out of 10 | Ellen stayed February 25, 2011
"Sound insulation to the hallway was less good than expected. No chance of sleeping in."
8 out of 10 | Joan stayed February 03, 2011
"A good experience!!"
"Good location. The meals were great and the servers were very efficient."
7 out of 10 | Verified Guest stayed June 07, 2010
"Only go for the beds."
"I love the comfortable beds!! That's the only reason why i keep coming back. Garage wasn't that secure....garage door wide open all day. There is no hot tub available...had to go to the Delta to go to the hot tub??!! Bizzare....."
7 out of 10 | Namishu stayed May 31, 2010
"It was really good being and stay holding with Radisson Hotel"
8 out of 10 | Thais stayed May 14, 2006
"Very good! It is not the cheapest one, but is very good. You pay a little bit more, and receive much more!"
3 out of 10 | Jessica stayed June 08, 2005
"I felt that it was very expensive for its location. I felt that I could have stayed at a higher quality hotel for about the same price."
8 out of 10 | Stephanie stayed September 09, 2004
"Only complaint was the pillows!"
7 out of 10 | Jane stayed July 20, 2004
"We were given a room that had a broken air conditioner. Some came up to look at it. It stil didn't work. We called again and were then given a different room. I think that they would have known that this was broken befor 11 at night."
8 out of 10 | Ramon stayed May 23, 2004
"Don't accept a room too close to the ice machine. If anyone uses it during the night (and someone always will) it will keep you awake for a long time."
- Parliament Hill Ottawa (0.8 km)
- Canadian War Museum (0.8 km)
- Rideau Canal (1.2 km)
- ByWard Market, Ottawa (1.3 km)
- Rideau Centre (1.3 km)
- Ottawa Convention Centre (1.4 km)
- National Gallery of Canada (1.4 km)
- University of Ottawa (2.1 km)
- Ottawa Hospital Civic Campus (3.1 km)
- Casino du Lac Leamy (3.8 km)