Luxury landmark hotel in downtown Ottawa renowned for its fine dining and classic elegance
- Guests liked the historic charm of this hotel
- Excellent service from staff, according to guests
- Guests found the location convenient to a number of attractions
- Clean, comfortable rooms, according to guests
- Decor needed updating, according to guests
- A few guests found the beds uncomfortable
- Wi-Fi is $14.95 for 24 hours
- Self-parking is $28 and valet parking is $38 per night
Updated Nov 28, 2014
3 out of 10 | Leroy stayed October 04, 2011
"Not up to the standards of a Fairmont Hotel."
"Our room was very small and over priced. When we stayed at the Fairmont Pacific Rim, our bathroom was almost as big as our room at Chateau Laurier. Wilfrid's Restaurant's food was overpriced and not up to the standards I would expect. The internet access was not consistant, and Outlook was unable to connect properly. I left it running for several hours and it never completed updating. The maid and other staff service was excellent."
10 out of 10 | Rafael stayed March 30, 2011
"You feel like a king"
"Being in a castle is a nice experience"
10 out of 10 | Raymond stayed November 12, 2010
"this hotel is beautiful the staff is extremely friendly I would definitely recommend it to others"
10 out of 10 | Diane stayed October 28, 2010
"Very helpful, friendly staff (reception, bellman, maid)"
8 out of 10 | Sherry stayed July 16, 2010
"We valet parked our car and never moved it for our whole stay because we were able to walk to the Parliament Buildings, War Museum, Byward Market, Rideau Canal Locks.....and many more Ottawa sites."
- Rideau Canal (0.0 km)
- ByWard Market, Ottawa (0.1 km)
- Ottawa Convention Centre (0.2 km)
- Rideau Centre (0.2 km)
- Parliament Hill Ottawa (0.5 km)
- National Gallery of Canada (0.6 km)
- University of Ottawa (1.1 km)
- Canadian War Museum (2.0 km)
- Casino du Lac Leamy (3.7 km)
- Ottawa Hospital Civic Campus (4.2 km)