8.0 | Very Good
BEST WESTERN PLUS Macies Hotel
Complimented by guests for clean rooms, friendly service, and on-site dining
- Many guests complimented the cleanliness of their rooms
- Many reviewers found the staff to be friendly and helpful
- A few guests complimented the on-site restaurant and room service
- A few reviewers thought the fitness facility was well equipped
- Free high-speed Internet, free local calls and free parking
- A few guests were disturbed by noise in their rooms
- Several reviewers complained about smelling cigarette smoke in their rooms
Updated May 18, 2012
This hotel has 123 guest rooms (89 non-smoking rooms) and all rooms include cable television, high-speed wired Internet access, pay-per-view movies, air conditioning, coffee makers, hair dryers, alarm clocks, irons and ironing boards, in-room safes, and free local calls (under 30 minutes long). Cribs and roll-away beds are available on request. This hotel does not allow pets. On-site outdoor parking is free and includes cold-weather hook-ups.
9 out of 10 | Olagoke stayed September 28, 2009
"This is a very good hotel to stay when you are in Ottawa."
4 out of 10 | Verified Guest stayed April 15, 2006
"One of the beds in the room was worn out, there was no support left in the mattress. However, the front desk service was friendly and competent and the room was clean."
7 out of 10 | Verified Guest stayed May 15, 2005
"We stayed one night at this hotel. There was a very noisy party in the hotel until 1:00 AM in the night and I think it could have been fair to know that in advance (we just found out after we checked in). The indoor whirlpool was very small and in a small closed area (too much clorine smell), it was imposible to stay longer that few seconds. Other than that, the room was very clean."
10 out of 10 | Verified Guest stayed July 11, 2004
"Great location. It wasn't right downdown so things were calmer and less busy. It was very close to the highway which provided easy access to all locations. A great choice in accomodations!"
9 out of 10 | Verified Guest stayed July 03, 2004
"The restaurant staff and front desk staff were excellent. The facility itself was ok."