Older Cochrane motel near snowmobile trails with basic rooms and well-liked restaurant
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, parking
- Guests typically found their rooms to be clean and spacious
- The restaurant was well liked by guests
- Guests thought the hotel provided good value
- Location the best for snowmobilers, near the trail and gas station
- Friendly and helpful staff said guests
- Dated property and rooms in need of renos said guests
- Some guests complained of smelling smoke from smoking rooms nearby
- Online booking issues a problem for a few guests (booked non-smoking and got smoking)
Updated Jun 24, 2015
The hotel offers both smoking and non-smoking rooms. All 40 rooms offer air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi, cable TV, a coffeemaker, a mini-fridge, a microwave, a desk, a hair dryer and an iron and ironing board. Rooms are furnished with 2 double beds, 1 queen bed, 2 queen beds or 1 queen and 2 doubles. Room extras include a fireplace.
On site,Terry's Steak House Restaurant offers lunch and dinner daily. Nearby restaurants include JR's BBQ Ranch, a 9-minute walk north, and New Mandarin Restaurant, a 2-minute drive away.
The hotel offers a guest computer in the lobby, a hot tub, a sauna and a meeting room.
The hotel is near the following local points of interest: The Polar Bear Conservation is a 4-minute drive away, while the Tim Hortons Museum, located inside the Tim Hortons Event Centre can be found 5 minutes away by car. Timmins Airport (YTS) is about a 1-hour and 12-minute drive northeast of the hotel. (All travel time estimates: Google Maps)
TripAdvisor.com guest reviews ranked the hotel #5 out of 6 Cochrane hotels, with a 3 out of 5 guest rating, from 43 reviews.
6 out of 10 | Daniel stayed July 23, 2012
"You get exactly that what you paid for."
4 out of 10 | Donna & william stayed April 05, 2010
"next time, go to the Best Western"
"Nothing wrong with service, room clean, but in very poor repair...mould in tub area, floor uneven, walls need paint, panelling coming loose, mattresses thin and uncomfortable.."
8 out of 10 | Verified Guest stayed June 30, 2006
"Pillows are too puffy. Very inconvinient."
7 out of 10 | Irene stayed April 09, 2005
"Cochrane is a very small town with VERY FEW restaurants. Advisable to eat before reaching Cochrane. Re: the motel: comfortable beds, comfortable pillows, easy to find. Please note that the map online was wrong. The motel is situated on Highway 11 south."