Situated on the river with trail access, on-site restaurant and clean rooms
- Free Wi-Fi and free parking
- Some guests found their rooms to be clean
- A couple of reviewers praised the food and service at the on-site restaurant
- The staff were complimented by a couple of guests for their friendly service
- A couple of guests appreciated the views of the river from their rooms
- A couple of guests complained about an unpleasant "musty" odour in their rooms
Updated Jan 17, 2013
4 out of 10 | Peter stayed July 08, 2010
"Too expensive and not well maintained"
"The room was clean, but the rest of the hotel had spider webs and generally looked very old and unkept. We stayed in many nicer hotels on our trip that were less expensive."
6 out of 10 | Verified Guest stayed March 05, 2006
"Pricey for the quality. It was ok, nothing more. The bathroom was quite small."
7 out of 10 | Verified Guest stayed February 20, 2006
"Elgin Cafe restaurant has excellent food, and the servers were extremely friendly and attentive"
9 out of 10 | Joseph k. stayed June 26, 2004
"Only one item. (See Confirmation # 68241602) - I had requested a "River View" room. But I was given a "Parking lot" room. As I was staying for only a brief visit, I did not make an issue out of it. However, I was somewhat disappointed. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay. Your banquet facilities proved very good as we were celebrating my brother's 60th birthday in your upstairs banquest room."