Downtown Victoria harbourfront hotel with beautiful views, indoor pool and jacuzzi suites
- Many guests considered the location wonderful for being within walking distance of the harbour and downtown
- The staff were considered excellent by many guests
- A few guests spoke of comfortable, spacious rooms with comfy beds
- The dining on-site received rave reviews by numerous guests
- The views were praised by many guests who considered them beautiful from their rooms and from the restaurant's deck
- Many enjoyed watching sea planes land on the harbour from the hotel
- A couple of guests highlighted the Japanese gardens, walking paths, lagoon and waterfall on the hotel grounds
- Wi-Fi is a one-time charge of $9.95 per stay
- Secured valet parking is $17 per night
- A few guests were disappointed with the added parking and Wi-Fi fees
- A few guests missed having a hot tub on site
- A few guests said their rooms needed updates
Updated Oct 17, 2014
All property details verified by a front desk agent, May 28, 2014.
The hotel had a newer wing and older wing. The older wing is in need of updates with older furniture according to a few guests.
A few guests missed having a hot tub on site.
TripAdvisor.com guest reviews ranked the hotel #11 of 57 Victoria hotels with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 from 926 reviews.
Booking.com guest reviews rated the hotel 8.6 out of 10 from 188 reviews.
9 out of 10 | David stayed December 31, 2011
"Winter stay in Victoria"
"The inn at Laurel Point is very well situated with rooms overlooking the Inner Harbour. Great Panoramic view sweeping from the parliment buildings around to the blue Johnston Street bridge and beyond. The service was near perfect. We were particularly impressed by the way Steven the Vallet looked after his guests. The restaurant was well situated with a view and the food was very good and well presented."
8 out of 10 | Bart stayed May 30, 2011
"secluded and quiet location still near to tourist locations."
"I liked the location, no street noise and had a nice view of the water. Restaurant was a bit pricey so we didn't eat there. I wish that parking was free but it was covered and secured parking."
8 out of 10 | Keith stayed March 27, 2011
"Nice Place for the price but check out your room in person"
"Location and view is great. This hotel was prime in it's day but is getting a little run down in some areas. I might go back someday but guests should know what they are getting before booking and compare prices and amenities to other hotels nearby. Victoria is awesome !"
9 out of 10 | Russell stayed March 18, 2011
"Lack of Sea food on the menu"
"The only thing I could find not quite up to par is being from Alberta, we don't have an over abundance of fresh sea food, which is what we were looking forward to when we were in Victoria. The menu at Laurel Point's dining room had vary little on it (Salmon only). We were looking for things like oysters, mussels and the like."
9 out of 10 | Soren stayed December 27, 2010
"Really enjoyed our stay. We will come back. Your desk staff and dining room staff were very helpful"
8 out of 10 | Miriam stayed August 23, 2010
"A great place to stay in Victoria."
"New restaurant, Aura, was sensational. Location and room are excellent."
9 out of 10 | Gary stayed October 08, 2004
"We would appreciate the original account for the hotel accommodation so that we can claim a refund of the GST from the Canadian Taxation Office. We found the restaurant food excellent and atmosphere, overlooking the water, very pleasant."