8.0 | Very Good
BEST WESTERN Plus Sands Hotel
Well-liked downtown Vancouver hotel in a prime location offers good views and good value
- Free Wi-Fi
- Many guests found the location convenient for accessing the beach, Stanley Park, and English Bay attractions
- The staff was frequently described as helpful, friendly, and accommodating
- Many reviewers described their rooms as clean
- Several guests found their beds to be comfortable
- Several reviewers thought that the room rates were reasonable
- Some guests enjoyed meals on site
- Several guests complained that the in-room air conditioners were ineffective
- Parking is $14 per night
Updated Feb 12, 2015
This property is located on a public transit route and the nearest bus stop is less than a 1-minute walk away. The shopping and dining district (Granville Street at Robson Street) can be reached in 11 minutes via public transit. Downtown area attractions include the Vancouver Art Gallery, Pacific Centre Mall, Queen Elizabeth Theatre (performing arts venue), and the Vancouver Lookout (observation tower with a viewing deck 550 feet above ground).
Hotels.com gave this property an average score of 4.2 out of 5.0, based on 65 reviews.
3 out of 10 | Verified Guest stayed July 13, 2013
"1st they force me to signed a $250 deposit for smoking , I never smoked!!! then they charged me a eco fee! explained that they want to go green, so they charged me extra for garbage disposal, the faucets did not worked, I paid for ocean view room, received garage view, this is a total ripe off. I can say more more. this hotel is wast of time."
8 out of 10 | James and barbara stayed June 27, 2004
"The noise from the street and surrounding area quite loud at night could do with secondary glazing otherwise very good."