8.3 | Very Good
BEST WESTERN PLUS Barclay Hotel
Within a 10-minute walk of downtown, on-site restaurants, pool and hot tub
- Free Wi-Fi and free parking
- A few reviewers found the hotel convenient located near the downtown area
- Several guests thought that the hotel offered good value for the money they spent
- Many guests described their rooms as clean and comfortable
- Reviewers frequently complimented the quality of customer service
- Many reviewers praised the food at the on-site restaurants
- A couple of guests complained that the in-room climate control units were loud
Updated Apr 15, 2013
6 out of 10 | Charlene stayed June 04, 2006
"I have stayed here prior. Good Service, Clean etc, great hotel for a small town. This stay the carpets (?) I am assuming had just been cleaned-which caused a smell-which in return gave me a very bad headache. Though I appreciate how clean the hotel was, I wish the smell of the chemicals was not so strong. Perhaps there is another cleaning product that is less smelly? I don't know, would be nice though. No complains though about this hotel, and yes I would stay again, and recommend it to others."
7 out of 10 | Roland markus stayed August 01, 2004
"When we ask for towels to use one the beach, they didn't allow us to take 3 of them with us. (Of course I would agree to pay let's say $50 if I wouldn't bring them back! We didn't like the food either for dinner nor for breakfast. Please change the cook! (There are some good restaurants in Port Alberni which I could recommend, but not the one at this hotel."