Oceanfront hotel in Parksville with private balconies, restaurant and highly praised views
- Free Wi-Fi and free parking
- A few guests found the location convenient for walking to the beach
- Many guests described pleasant ocean views from their rooms
- Several reviewers praised the staff for their attentive and friendly service
- Several guests did not think that this hotel offered good value for the money they spent
- A few guests were disappointed that some rooms were not equipped with air conditioning
- A few reviewers were disappointed that their rooms were not equipped with mini-fridges
- A few reviewers said that they would have appreciated a free breakfast
Updated Nov 10, 2014
6 out of 10 | Donna stayed August 13, 2011
"Our room overlooked the parking lot. When you open the windows to cool down, you can get quite a bit of noise with cars and people entering/leaving the hotel. Also, it would have been easier getting ready in the morning if the sink was located just outside of the main bathroom, rather than in the bathroom itself. While the hotel dining room had good food, the service was VERY slow! The beach access that they advertise is a bit deceiving because it is extremely rocky and not at all like the sandy beaches you get at other hotels in the area."
10 out of 10 | Sue stayed July 10, 2006
"Absolutely loved the ocean view from the balcony."
10 out of 10 | Susan stayed November 13, 2005
"The food at Heron's Restaurant located in the hotel is excellent along with the service. The kids menu is also terrific. We always get an oceanside room and the view is wonderful. The beds are incredibly comfortable and the rooms have recently been renovated so are very clean. There is a pool, hot tub, gym, squash courts,and the beach right out the front door making it fabulous for everyone including families! I would highly reccommend this hotel."