Clean, friendly staff, but concerns about renovations and pool
- Free parking, free wireless Internet, and free bottled water
- The staff were frequently complimented for their friendly and helpful service
- Several guests described their rooms as clean and their beds as comfortable
- A few reviewers complimented the food quality and the service at the on-site restaurant
- A few guests thought that the room rates were reasonable
- Many guests described the in-room furnishings as dated
- Several reviewers described feeling inconvenienced by on-going renovations
- Several guests described the pool as small and uncomfortably cold
- A few reviewers found the location inconvenient for accessing area attractions
Updated Jun 29, 2012
This hotel is 100% smoke-free and has 139 units comprised of rooms and suites. All units include free wireless Internet, free bottled water, televisions with pay-per-view movies, hair dryers, telephones, irons and ironing boards, alarm clock radios, desks and chairs, air conditioning, and black out curtains. Microwaves and fridges are available on request and some units may also include fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs. This hotel is pet-friendly and charges $10 per night or a maximum of $20 per stay. Free on-site parking is also available.
Downtown Edmonton, which features the Edmonton City Centre (mall), Art Gallery of Alberta, Shaw Conference Centre (exhibitions and concerts), and the entertainment district of Jasper Avenue, is about a 15 minute drive from this property. Rexall Place (home of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers) and Commonwealth Stadium (home of the CFL's Edmonton Eskimos) are both approximately 12 minutes away, by car. The Edmonton International Airport (YEG) is a 30 minute drive south of this hotel (driving time estimates: Google Maps).
8 out of 10 | Linda stayed October 13, 2011
"Very Good Stay - I'm Coming Back!"
"The room was exceptionally clean, the beds were beautiful and lots of pillows. The bathroom was well equipped with large towels, nice soap, etc. I missed having a complimentary fridge and microwave, however. Out in the lobby I noticed the gift shop was gone - I hope they get another one! The restaurant food is very good but for some reason there's very few customers there."
10 out of 10 | Tammy stayed March 20, 2011
"We found this to be our ideal location for our stay in Edmonton and the price was reasonable for our affordability. The live entertainment makes for a relaxing evening without having to go to a different location. We would highly recommend it to all our friends."
8 out of 10 | Darrell stayed June 17, 2005
"Done a nice re-model on a older hotel."
- Jasper Avenue, Edmonton (4.6 km)
- Shaw Conference Centre Edmonton (4.7 km)
- University of Alberta Hospital (5.5 km)
- University of Alberta (5.7 km)
- Stollery Children's Hospital (5.8 km)
- Commonwealth Stadium (6.0 km)
- Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital (6.7 km)
- Kingsway Mall (7.2 km)
- Elk Island National Park (40.2 km)