Northwest Calgary hotel on Banff Trail with indoor pool, waterslide and suites with kitchen
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, underground parking, hot breakfast, 24-hr coffee
- Conveniently located near the C-Train, McMahon Stadium and the University of Calgary
- Guests enjoyed the clean pool and waterslide
- Some guests thought the staff were fantastic
- The hot breakfast was well-liked by guests for variety and quality
- Rooms clean and spacious, according to guests
- A few guests felt that the room rate was high
- Some guests were bothered by noise from neighbouring guests
Updated Feb 15, 2015
There were a number of comments from guests who enjoyed the quality and the selection offered at the hot breakfast. One guest said that there was "something for everyone". A number of guests said that the breakfast exceeded their expectations and many even commented on the nice breakfast room.
4 out of 10 | Verified Guest stayed May 21, 2010
"Bad Experience, but Mgr backs up 100% satisfaction guarantee"
"I stay at this chain, because my experience with this hotel have VERY comfortable beds and are clean. In error, I made a reservation on line at the wrong Calgary location. Because it was after 5pm, they would not accommodate the change of location. We stayed at the NW location as I did not want to pay for two hotel rooms and it was my error. The coverlet on the duvet did not look clean, so I removed it. We were assured it was clean, but it looked grayed and old and should have been replaced if it could look clean. When I went to use the bath soap, the paper was water stained and dirty looking. Upon opening the wrapper, the brown-streaked soap was revealed. As a positive note, in the morning after I brought our concerns to the manager, he backed their 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your stay is free. Even with the no charge for our stay, we would not stay at this location again, as I feel the cleaning standards may not be up to the other Calgary location Hampton Inn standards."
10 out of 10 | Marshall stayed August 22, 2005
"We loved the access to the C-Train, the waterslide and the great breakfast."
9 out of 10 | Mel stayed July 24, 2005
"On the down side (how minor), was surprised that you don't carry both Calgary newspapers. Our room was a suite and was first class. Your continental breakfast, personally, was the best that we have ever encountered in our travels, which have been considerable this summer. Thank you for a lovely stay...and the Stamps absolutely eviserated the Riders to boot!!"
8 out of 10 | Valerie stayed February 10, 2005
"Everything was well thought out ie, microwave for popcorn etc, BUT, men-when did you last shave without a mirror? Have you any idea how frustrating it is to shampoo your hair, use the thoughtfully provided hair dryer and not have a mirror to be able to see the back of your head/ hair?? Rather intimidating to go to a meeting and not be confident as to your appearance!! Any chance of being the first in the hotel chain and having mirrors installed on the bathroom door?"
- McMahon Stadium (0.5 km)
- Foothills Medical Centre (1.5 km)
- University of Calgary (1.7 km)
- Alberta Children's Hospital (2.6 km)
- Millennium Park (3.0 km)
- Stampede Park (5.4 km)
- Scotiabank Saddledome (5.5 km)
- Calgary Airport (8.2 km)
- Rockyview Hospital (9.0 km)
- Heritage Park Historical Village (9.1 km)