Error: Please specify a city, area, point of interest, or hotel
Oct 17, 2016
Error: Please specify a city, area, point of interest, or hotel
Editor's Top 10 Picks
8.0 | Very Good
Holiday Inn Express Toronto East
50 Estate Drive
6.3 km from Toronto Zoo
Book from ~$90 CAD
Popular Toronto-Scarborough hotel by Hwy 401 with jacuzzi suite & free: breakfast & parking
This hotel is an 11-minute drive from the Toronto Zoo.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, wired Internet, hot buffet breakfast, parking, local calls, newspapers
- Clean rooms with comfortable beds said guests
- Location was handy to Hwy 401, Toronto Zoo, U of T Scarborough campus, downtown Toronto, and Scarborough Town Centre
- Staff were friendly and helpful according to reviewers
- Many guests enjoyed the free hot breakfast
- Wi-Fi was very good according to guests
- Some found their AC units/heaters noisy
- Some guests thought the hotel was due for a refresh
7.5 | Good
Best Western Executive Inn Toronto
38 Estate Drive
6.3 km from Toronto Zoo
Book from ~$68 CAD
Toronto-Scarborough hotel near 401 with well-equipped rooms, indoor pool & free breakfast
Guests can reach the zoo in 11 minutes by car from this hotel.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, hot breakfast, parking, local calls, newspapers
- Rooms were usually found to be clean and well equipped with comfortable beds
- Wi-Fi was very good according to online surveys
- Several guests enjoyed the free hot breakfast
- Location was convenient to Hwy 401, restaurants, shopping and the zoo
- Guests found staff pleasant and helpful
- Very occasionally guests complained of noise from hallways
- Some complained of dated decor, although the hotel is currently renovating
- Some found the breakfast lacklustre
- Some recent guests said their rooms were dirty
7.8 | Good
Delta Hotels by Marriott Toronto East
2035 Kennedy Road
9.9 km from Toronto Zoo
Book from ~$100 CAD
Toronto-Scarborough hotel near Hwy 401 with indoor pool, waterslide, restaurant and lounge
Guests can reach the zoo in 13 minutes by car from this hotel.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Courteous staff who go the extra mile, according to guests
- Guests liked this hotel's proximity to the 401
- Clean, comfortable rooms, according to guests
- Some guests enjoyed meals on site
- Families enjoyed being near the Toronto zoo
- Guests with children enjoyed the waterslide and pool at the hotel
- Some guests had issues with noisy guests in the hallways and in adjacent rooms
- Parking is $18 per night
- Some guests felt the restaurant prices were expensive
8.4 | Very Good
Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Ajax
500 Beck Crescent
13.9 km from Toronto Zoo
Book from ~$100 CAD
Highly praised Toronto-Ajax hotel near Hwy 401 with indoor pool, restaurant & jacuzzi suites
This hotel is a 15-minute drive from the zoo.
- Free Wi-Fi, free parking
- Many guests praised the staff and customer service at this hotel
- Several reviewers were pleased with their rooms, describing them as clean and quiet
- The location was described as close to restaurants, shopping, and Highway 401 by many
- Many guests were pleased with their rooms and comfortable beds
- Some guests reported a strong Wi-Fi signal
- A couple of guests were disappointed the on-site restaurant closed at 10pm
8.3 | Very Good
The Westin Prince Toronto
900 York Mills Road
15.5 km from Toronto Zoo
Book from ~$99 CAD
Highly praised north Toronto hotel on 15 acres of parkland with outdoor pool and fine dining
This hotel is a 19-minute drive from the zoo.
- The staff were frequently complimented for their attentive and helpful service
- Several guests described their rooms as spacious and modern
- Several reviewers found the hotel well located for accessing Highway 401 and the Don Valley Parkway
- The food at the on-site restaurants was praised by several guests
- Several guests enjoyed the outdoor pool area
- A couple of reviewers thought that the room rates were reasonable
- The decor is slightly dated according to some
- Self-parking is $12 per night and valet parking is $18 per night
- Wi-Fi costs $9.95 per 24 hours
- Some guests complained about the extra fees
- Some guests complained about the extra fees for Wi-Fi and parking
Comfortable Toronto-Scarborough hotel with free hot breakfast and private hot tub rooms
The zoo is a 19-minute drive from this hotel.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, hot breakfast, car parking, local calls
- Many guests described their rooms as clean and spacious with comfy beds
- Many reviewers praised the selection of hot items at the free breakfast
- The staff were frequently complimented for their helpful service
- No elevator
- A couple of guests complained that the dining area for the free breakfast was too small
- Bus and truck parking is $15 per night
8.7 | Very Good
Staybridge Suites Toronto
355 South Park Road
17.1 km from Toronto Zoo
Book from ~$96 CAD
Well-liked Markham hotel with kitchenette suites, indoor pool and free hot breakfast
This hotel is 26 minutes from the zoo by car.
- Free parking, free Wi-Fi, and free breakfast
- Many guests described their units as clean and spacious
- The staff were frequently complimented for their accommodating and friendly service
- Many guests thought that the room rates were reasonable
- Several reviewers found the in-suite kitchens to be well equipped with appliances
- Many reviewers liked the free breakfast, with a very good selection of hot and cold items
- 10-minute walk to wide selection of eateries
- A couple of guests complained that the guest bathrooms were small
8.8 | Very Good
Holiday Inn Express Toronto - Markham
10 East Pearce Street
17.0 km from Toronto Zoo
Book from ~$89 CAD
Toronto-Richmond Hill hotel with indoor pool, jacuzzi & kitchenette suites & free breakfast
It will take 25 minutes to drive to the zoo from this hotel.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, wired internet, breakfast, parking
- Guests found the location convenient to the highway and amenities
- Rooms were clean and spacious, according to several guests
- Breakfast was ample and had a good selection, according to several guests
- Several guests praised the staff and service
- Some guests felt the hotel was a good value
- The beds were comfortable, according to some guests
- Some guests, specifically those travelling with children, felt the pool was too small
7.4 | Good
BEST WESTERN Roehampton Hotel & Suites
808 Mount Pleasant Road
21.1 km from Toronto Zoo
Book from ~$116 CAD
Comfortable midtown Toronto hotel with outdoor rooftop pool, free hot breakfast & free Wi-Fi
A 27-minute drive will bring you to the zoo from this location.
- Free Wi-Fi, free hot breakfast
- Numerous guests were pleased with the level of customer service they received
- The hotel's breakfast was praised for its variety and quality
- Several lodgers enjoyed their clean and spacious rooms
- Guests thought the hotel was conveniently located near shopping, dining and public transit
- Parking is valet-only, with limited spots, and costs $16 per day
- A few guests complained of noise transfer
- A few reviewers felt the hotel was overpriced
6.2 | Fair
Clarion Hotel & Suites Selby
592 Sherbourne Street
22.9 km from Toronto Zoo
Uptown Toronto hotel in a converted mansion with modernized rooms and free breakfast
Guests will need to drive 27 minutes to get to the zoo from this hotel.
- Free Wi-Fi, free continental breakfast
- Many guests were pleased with the hotel's reasonable and fair rates
- Numerous lodgers enjoyed their clean and updated rooms
- The hotel was praised for its proximity to public transit and downtown
- On-site parking fee of $17 per day
- Some guests complained about the quality and lack of variety of the free breakfast
- Some guests said the area surrounding the hotel is sketchy
- Guests complained of common areas needing upgrading and musty smells
3 Other Hotels Close to Toronto Zoo
Book from ~$58 CAD
Older Scarborough hotel with basic rooms and free parking but many guest complaints
This hotel is a 12-minute drive or taxi ride from the zoo. On weekdays, it can be reached by TTC route 86a which is a 14-minute ride to the zoo, and the nearest bus stop is a 3-minute walk from the hotel.
- Free Wi-Fi, free parking, free continental breakfast
- Close to restaurants and the 401, according to guests
- Guests thought this hotel was affordably priced
- Many guests described dirty and run down conditions
- Aging decor, according to guests
- A few guests thought the rooms were small
- Guests complained of foul odours in the hotel and rooms
- A few guests said the area around the hotel was sketchy
Book from ~$84 CAD
Friendly staff, clean rooms, close to the 401, free parking, and free Internet
This hotel is a 9-minute drive or taxi ride from the zoo.
- The staff were often described as "friendly" and/or "helpful"
- Guests commonly described their rooms as comfortable or clean
- Some guests liked the hotel's close proximity to the 401
- Free Internet, free breakfast, free local calls, and free parking
- Multiple guests were inconvenienced by the fact that the hotel had no elevator
- Some guests complained about the smell of cigarette smoke at the hotel
- Some guests disliked the breakfast and stated the seating area was small
6.0 | Fair
Centennial College Residence & Conference Center
940 Progress Avenue
5.6 km from Toronto Zoo
Downtown Scarborough campus with indoor pool, free breakfast and well-equipped rooms
This hotel is a 10-minute drive or taxi ride from the zoo.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi in lobby (not rooms), wired Internet, breakfast
- Many guests were pleased with the hotel's economical and inexpensive rates
- The hotel was praised for its proximity to restaurants and the Toronto Zoo
- Several travellers enjoyed their clean and well-equipped rooms
- Parking is $5 per day
- Some guests complained about the lack of Wi-Fi (only wired is available in the rooms)
Tips For Staying Near Toronto Zoo
The Toronto Zoo is located in Scarborough, Ontario and is an approximate 20-minute drive from the city of Toronto.
The area surrounding the zoo is mainly the park space and ravines belonging to Rouge Park and some residential suburbs.
There is one parking lot at the zoo and a parking day pass costs $10. Patrons may not exit the parking lot without having purchased a parking pass.
Parking passes can be purchased at the main entrance admission gates, however, guests to the zoo are encouraged to pre-pay for a parking pass online when booking zoo tickets in order to quickly and efficiently park when entering the zoo parking lot.
Getting Around: Driving
The driving times to access any of the hotels listed below range from around 12 to 15 minutes and many of the routes involve accessing the 401 Highway.
Getting Around: Public Transit
There are two bus routes that access the zoo from three main subway and GO Transit Stations. The schedules for these routes vary depending on day and season and full details can be found on the zoo's website.
Out of the hotels listed below, only three have a straightforward public transit route to the zoo. Each route is listed under the applicable hotel and it should be noted that the straightforward routes are only available on weekdays.
There are several taxi companies in Toronto, with Beck Taxi being a popular option. Rates to travel to and from the zoo from the hotels listed below may vary, however, the approximate price will be between $17 and $30.
Since public transit service to the zoo is limited and may not be available from your hotel, guests without vehicle access may prefer the taxi. The price may seem a bit high, but you also save the $10 on the parking day pass!
The zoo has one restaurant and two cafes as well as several snack bars and quick take-out options, such as Beavertails and Pizza Pizza. A full list of all available dining options at the zoo as well as operating hours can be found on the Toronto Zoo's website.
The zoo also has picnic areas spread throughout the site, and visitors are welcome to bring their own food and beverages. However, please be aware that straws are not allowed on zoo grounds, as they pose a safety hazard for the animals, including the Canadian Geese that inhabit the zoo cage-free (and may be in your picnic area).
Yearly or two-year memberships can be purchased, which will save money for those intending on visiting the zoo more than two or four times per year, depending on the type of pass purchased.
A yearly parking pass can also be purchased, which will save money for those visiting the zoo at least five times per year. Full information on memberships can be found on the Toronto Zoo's website.
For those who intend on visiting other major attractions in Toronto, the CityPass may be a suitable money-saving option.
Finally, although there are plenty of dining options available at the zoo, expect to pay significantly more than you would eating off site. You may opt to bring your own snacks or picnic to save money.