Error: Please specify a city, area, point of interest, or hotel
Oct 17, 2016
Error: Please specify a city, area, point of interest, or hotel
Editor's Top 8 Picks
7.3 | Good
Bond Place Hotel
65 Dundas Street East
0.2 km from Ryerson University
Book from ~$508 CAD
Clean and cozy downtown Toronto hotel near Eaton Centre with modern decor and restaurant
This hotel is a 3-minute walk from the university and a 1-minute drive.
- Free Wi-Fi is available in business rooms and on guest computers in the lobby
- Rooms were very clean and appealing with modern decor
- Location was excellent—an easy walk to downtown attractions, restaurants, and shopping
- Staff were very well liked—kind, knowledgeable and accommodating
- Good value according to many guests
- Wi-Fi costs $8.95 per 24 hours in most rooms
- Underground parking is $25 per night
- Rooms were small according to guests
- Noise a problem on occasion--from street traffic, hallways and neigbouring rooms
Downtown Toronto hotel near Eaton Centre with spacious rooms, indoor pool and restaurant
The hotel is an 8-minute walk or 1-minute drive away from the university.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Many guests found the rooms comfortable, clean and surprisingly spacious
- Location was convenient to Eaton Centre, Dundas Square, public transit, restaurants
- Guests rated Wi-Fi as good overall in reviews
- Guests usually liked the staff and found them helpful
- Many guests said they would return
- Underground parking is $28 overnight
- Some guests found the rooms dated
- No mini-fridge in standard rooms a disappointment for some
- Elevators slow and small, according to guests
8.9 | Very Good
Grand Hotel & Suites
225 Jarvis Street
0.4 km from Ryerson University
Book from ~$160 CAD
Highly praised downtown Toronto all-suite hotel with indoor pool, rooftop hot tubs and spa
Guests can walk in 9 minutes or drive there in 1 minute.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, breakfast buffet, local calls, local shuttle service
- Guests found the rooms clean with hardwood floors and well equipped with mini-kitchens
- Many guests enjoyed the roof top hot tubs and the indoor pool
- Location was handy to downtown attractions, restaurants and shopping
- Some loved the dining on site at Citrus
- Many guests enjoyed the free hot and cold breakfast buffet
- Wi-Fi was rated very good by guests overall
- The staff were kind and gave great service according to guests
- Good value at this hotel according to guests
- Self-parking is $19 + tax and valet parking is $28 + tax per day
- Some found the rooms a little dark and poorly lit
- Some guests found their rooms or bathrooms small
- The immediate area had homeless people, but guests said they were not hassled
7.5 | Good
Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre
30 Carlton Street
0.5 km from Ryerson University
Book from ~$122 CAD
Downtown Toronto hotel with well-liked location offers indoor pool, restaurant and lounge
It's 2 minutes by car and 9 minutes on foot to the university from this hotel.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, wired Internet
- Rooms were clean and well equipped said guests
- Location was convenient to dining, shopping, groceries and public transit
- Wi-Fi was rated as good by guests on online surveys
- Staff were pleasant and efficient according to guests
- Parking is underground and costs $28 per night
- Guests often complained of small rooms and bathrooms
- Noise transferred from the hallway, neighbouring rooms and from traffic outside
- Some had difficulties with the Wi-Fi
- Some felt the hotel and rooms were tired and in need of updates
9.7 | Excellent
The Ivy at Verity
111d Queen Street East
0.6 km from Ryerson University
Book from ~$281 CAD
Highly praised downtown Toronto boutique hotel with luxurious rooms, spa & free breakfast
Only a 2-minute drive from this hotel and guests can also walk there in 10 minutes.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, continental breakfast, all-day coffee, bottled water, local calls, newspapers
- Guests raved over the Hästens handmade beds in their rooms, the soaker tubs with bath salts and other attention to detail
- Location was handy to transit, shopping and restaurants
- Guests often found the staff very helpful and friendly
- George Restaurant was nothing short of amazing for numerous guests
- Many thought the hotel was worth every penny spent
- Wi-Fi rated excellent in online surveys
- Some found the parking lot across the street expensive, about $30 per day
- A few recent guests found the free breakfast lacking
- Some guests noticed homeless people in the area
8.2 | Very Good
DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Downtown
108 Chestnut Street
0.8 km from Ryerson University
Book from ~$157 CAD
Hospitable downtown Toronto hotel with indoor pool, restaurants and cozy jacuzzi suites
This hotel is an 11-minute walk or 5-minute drive from the university.
- Free Wi-Fi and free welcome cookies
- Many guests enjoyed clean rooms and comfortable beds
- Staff were professional and very friendly
- Guests enjoyed dining at both restaurants on site
- Location was very convenient to public transit, Greyhound bus, restaurant, shopping and entertainment
- Wi-Fi rated very good by guests
- Underground self-parking is $35 per day
- Some complained of limited and tight parking
- Some guests found their rooms small
- A few said the restaurant and breakfast was pricey
7.7 | Good
Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown
111 Lombard Street
0.8 km from Ryerson University
Book from ~$145 CAD
Good value hotel in downtown Toronto with clean rooms, free hot breakfast and free Wi-Fi
This hotel is a 4-minute drive or 13-minute walk from Ryerson.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, wired Internet, hot breakfast, local calls, newspapers
- Many found clean rooms and comfortable beds
- Guests loved the location, an easy walk to much of downtown, restaurants and public transit
- The hotel's free breakfast was enjoyed for its quality and variety
- Many thought the hotel provided good value
- Staff were highly rated, friendly, helpful and efficient
- Parking costs $20 per day
- Some guests complained of dated rooms
- A few guests said Wi-Fi was spotty
7.2 | Good
Super 8 Downtown Toronto
222 Spadina Ave.
1.8 km from Ryerson University
Book from ~$97 CAD
Good value and pet-friendly downtown Toronto hotel with free breakfast and free Wi-Fi
It will take 10 minutes by car and 17 by transit to reach the university from this hotel. If you're up for a healthy walk, it will take 25 minutes on foot.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, breakfast, local calls, movie channels, newspapers
- The staff were friendly and helpful, according to guests
- Many guests thought that the room rates were reasonable
- Several guests liked being near Chinatown and its restaurants
- Many guests praised their rooms for being clean and spacious
- Wi-Fi rated as very good in online reviews
- Parking is $10 per day when arranged with front desk (or $19 if accessing the parkade independently)
- Several guests thought that the free breakfast offered a limited selection
- Some guests found the parking rates difficult to understand and the parkade hard to find
- Some housekeeping complaints from guests
4 Other Hotels Close to Ryerson University
Book from ~$150 CAD
Older downtown Toronto hotel with well-liked location near subway and amenities
This hotel is located across the street from the campus and is a 1-minute walk from Ryerson University. The Ryerson Athletic Centre is a 9-minute walk away.
- Free Wi-Fi, free breakfast and free newspapers
- Many guests found the location convenient for exploring the area on foot or by public transit
- Several reviewers described their rooms as clean and comfortable
- Several guests found the beds comfortable
- A couple of reviewers thought that the room rates were reasonable
- No on-site parking
- Several guests found the rooms small
- A few reviewers complained that the elevator was small and slow
- A few guests said that the in-room climate control was not working properly
6.4 | Fair
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Downtown Toronto
335 Jarvis Street
0.3 km from Ryerson University
Pet-friendly downtown Toronto hotel near Ryerson University with smoking rooms & free Wi-Fi
This hotel is located across the street from the university campus and is a 2-minute walk from Ryerson University. The Ryerson Athletic Centre is about a 9-minute walk from the hotel.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, breakfast
- Several guests liked the location of the hotel for being close to downtown Toronto
- Several guests described the rooms as clean and comfortable
- Many guests were pleased with the room price
- No elevator and no on-site parking
- Some guests complained about street noise and panhandlers in the area
- A few guests were disturbed by noise from outside the hotel
- Several guests thought the area was sketchy
Book from ~$296 CAD
Cozy boutique hotel in downtown Toronto with kitchenette suites, restaurant and spa
This hotel is a 5-minute walk from Ryerson University and a 15-minute walk to the Ryerson Athletic Centre or 10-minute subway ride.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Several guests liked the hotel's downtown location which was close to Massey Hall
- Guests interested in shopping mentioned that Eaton Centre was near the hotel
- Many guests liked that their suites had kitchens
- Guests enjoyed the staff of this hotel
- Valet-only parking is $40 plus taxes per night
- Some guests thought the hotel was a bit dated
Downtown Toronto hotel with outdoor pool, Tim Hortons, kitchenettes and free Wi-Fi
This hotel is a 5-minute walk to Ryerson University and the Ryerson Athletic Centre.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Numerous guests praised the hotel's central locale and proximity to attractions
- The hotel's rooms were found to be clean and updated by many lodgers
- Several reviewers were pleased with the hotel's affordable rates
- Some guests found the parking to be limited and expensive
- Noise transfer was reported by a few lodgers
- Parking is $27 per day
- Some guests found the lower floors noisy with college students
Tips For Staying Near Ryerson University
Ryerson University is located in downtown Toronto. The campus spans two city blocks and is surrounded by the main streets of Gerrard Street, Jarvis Street, Dundas Street and Yonge Street.
The area surrounding the university consists of apartment and condo buildings, shops, restaurants and other downtown Toronto landmarks, such as the Toronto Eaton Centre and St. Michael's Hospital.
There are 3 parking lots at the university that offer half-hour, daily and evening rates.
The Campus Store Garage entrance is located on the west side of Victoria Street, between Dundas Street and Gould Street.
The Pitman Hall Garage entrance is located on the west side of Mutual Street, between Gerrard Street and Gould Street.
The Jarvis Street Parking Lot' entrance is on Mutual Street, just north of Dundas Street.
The parking rates vary and range from $3.00 to $4 per half hour to a daily maximum of $16. Full rate details can be found on the Ryerson University website.
All of the hotels featured below are within a 5-minute walk of Ryerson University.
Public transit may not be needed to access any of the hotels listed below because they are within walking distance, however, there are many public transit options close to Ryerson University.
Dundas Subway Station is a 3-minute walk from the south end of the campus and College Subway Station is a 6- minute walk from the north end of the campus.
There is also the 505 Dundas streetcar which runs along Dundas Street.
There are two main food courts on campus, the HUB Market in Jorgenson Hall and the Pitman Hall Cafeteria. Both food courts feature well-known take-out options such as Pizza Pizza and Extreme Pita.
The Ryerson Student Centre also offers the Oakham Cafe with extended breakfast hours, organic coffees, grab-and-go options, pasta and full meals. Also at the student centre the Ram in the Rye, the campus pub offers nightly specials.
There are also six Tim Hortons locations across campus, as well as a Starbucks and several other kiosks and small eateries. A list of dining options and their locations on campus can be found on the Ryerson website.
Aside from dining in the university, there are many dine-in and take-out options within a 10-minute walk of it, including Subway, Jack Astor's, Milestones and the Hard Rock Cafe.
Ryerson University hosts a variety of events, including conferences, talks by guest speakers, film screenings, fashion shows and more. A full list of upcoming events and information on each can be found on the university's website.
The university is also a venue for film screenings during the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) held yearly in September.