Error: Please specify a city, area, point of interest, or hotel
Oct 17, 2016
Error: Please specify a city, area, point of interest, or hotel
Royal Ontario Museum
We looked for value within walking distance of the museum.
Editor's Top 7 Picks
9.0 | Excellent
InterContinental Hotel Yorkville Toronto
220 Bloor Street West
0.2 km from Royal Ontario Museum
Book from ~$171 CAD
Highly praised Toronto-Yorkville hotel with indoor lap pool, Vodka bar and popular dining
Technically located in the Annex district, you can reach the ROM on foot from this hotel in a couple of minutes. It's advertised as a 4 star luxury boutique hotel, with award-winning restaurant and rooftop patio lounge, lap pool and well-equipped fitness centre. Guests enjoyed its location for being close to top stores, Yonge St. and downtown. Reviewers also praised their friendly staff, nice rooms and comfortable beds and gave the hotel a high score average. The hotel currently offers promotions for those attending the ROM.
- Many found the rooms very clean and comfortable
- The staff made the stay for many guests with their attentive and friendly, yet professional service
- Location was ideal to the ROM, the subway, great shopping and good restaurants
- Guests enjoyed dining on site
- Guests often enjoyed the facilities on site
- Standard Wi-Fi is $9.95 and premium is $12.95 per 24 hour period (for non-members)
- Self-parking is $25 and valet parking is $39 per night
- Some guests thought that the pool was small
- A few thought the rooms were a little dated
8.3 | Very Good
Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel
90 Bloor Street East
0.8 km from Royal Ontario Museum
Book from ~$175 CAD
Convenient and comfortable Toronto uptown hotel near subway, shopping and restaurants
Located east of Yonge, and close to Yorkville, guests liked this hotel's location for being close to transit, shopping and restaurants. They said the rooms were spacious and clean with comfy beds, and the staff were professional and friendly. Although there's no pool here, they do have a gym and sauna, plus restaurant. The ROM is 11 minutes away on foot from the Marriott.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi in lobby, newspapers
- Many guests loved the location with handy indoor access to restaurants, shopping and the subway
- Guests found the rooms clean, spacious and comfortable
- Guests enjoyed breakfast and dining on site
- Staff were well liked, courteous and very helpful
- Wi-Fi costs $13.60 + tax per 24 hours
- Valet parking is $35 per night
- Wi-Fi received low scores in online guest surveys
- Some considered the rooms a little dated
- Some guests reported high prices at the restaurant on site
7.5 | Good
Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville
280 Bloor Street West
0.6 km from Royal Ontario Museum
Book from ~$137 CAD
Good value downtown Toronto hotel near subway with free Wi-Fi and restaurant
This hotel offers some renovated rooms an on-site restaurant and lounge, plus a small fitness room. Guests seemed to think it offered good value with very clean rooms and pleasant staff, in a good location, close to the subway in the Annex district. The ROM is reachable on foot in 7 minutes from here and they offer a promotion for ROM goers.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Numerous guests praised the hotel's proximity to downtown and public transit
- The hotel's staff were complimented on their friendly and knowledgeable service
- Several lodgers were pleased with their clean and spacious rooms
- A few guests reported dated decor and noise transfer
- The hotel's added parking and breakfast fees were disappointing to a few lodgers
- Parking costs $22 a day
7.5 | Good
Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre
30 Carlton Street
1.2 km from Royal Ontario Museum
Book from ~$122 CAD
Downtown Toronto hotel with well-liked location offers indoor pool, restaurant and lounge
This hotel is a 20-minute walk from the ROM.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, wired Internet
- Rooms were clean and well equipped said guests
- Location was convenient to dining, shopping, groceries and public transit
- Wi-Fi was rated as good by guests on online surveys
- Staff were pleasant and efficient according to guests
- Parking is underground and costs $28 per night
- Guests often complained of small rooms and bathrooms
- Noise transferred from the hallway, neighbouring rooms and from traffic outside
- Some had difficulties with the Wi-Fi
- Some felt the hotel and rooms were tired and in need of updates
7.3 | Good
Bond Place Hotel
65 Dundas Street East
1.8 km from Royal Ontario Museum
Book from ~$508 CAD
Clean and cozy downtown Toronto hotel near Eaton Centre with modern decor and restaurant
This hotel is 17 minutes from the ROM by public transit or a 13-minute drive.
- Free Wi-Fi is available in business rooms and on guest computers in the lobby
- Rooms were very clean and appealing with modern decor
- Location was excellent—an easy walk to downtown attractions, restaurants, and shopping
- Staff were very well liked—kind, knowledgeable and accommodating
- Good value according to many guests
- Wi-Fi costs $8.95 per 24 hours in most rooms
- Underground parking is $25 per night
- Rooms were small according to guests
- Noise a problem on occasion--from street traffic, hallways and neigbouring rooms
8.2 | Very Good
DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Downtown
108 Chestnut Street
1.6 km from Royal Ontario Museum
Book from ~$157 CAD
Hospitable downtown Toronto hotel with indoor pool, restaurants and cozy jacuzzi suites
This hotel is 9 minute by transit or a 23-minute walk to the ROM.
- Free Wi-Fi and free welcome cookies
- Many guests enjoyed clean rooms and comfortable beds
- Staff were professional and very friendly
- Guests enjoyed dining at both restaurants on site
- Location was very convenient to public transit, Greyhound bus, restaurant, shopping and entertainment
- Wi-Fi rated very good by guests
- Underground self-parking is $35 per day
- Some complained of limited and tight parking
- Some guests found their rooms small
- A few said the restaurant and breakfast was pricey
Downtown Toronto hotel near Eaton Centre with spacious rooms, indoor pool and restaurant
Guests can reach the ROM from this hotel in 10 minutes by car or 16 minutes using public transit.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Many guests found the rooms comfortable, clean and surprisingly spacious
- Location was convenient to Eaton Centre, Dundas Square, public transit, restaurants
- Guests rated Wi-Fi as good overall in reviews
- Guests usually liked the staff and found them helpful
- Many guests said they would return
- Underground parking is $28 overnight
- Some guests found the rooms dated
- No mini-fridge in standard rooms a disappointment for some
- Elevators slow and small, according to guests
5 Other Hotels Close to Royal Ontario Museum
Book from ~$189 CAD
Popular Toronto-Yorkville luxury hotel with rooftop lounge, restaurant and spa
Directly across the street from the museum, the high-end Park Hyatt is less than a 1-minute walk away.
- Free Wi-Fi and free area shuttle
- Several guests liked the hotel's restaurant and/or rooftop lounge
- Numerous guests felt that the staff provided exceptional service
- Many guests enjoy the location close to high-end shopping and restaurants
- Parking is valet only and costs $47 per night
- Some rooms are dated, according to guests
Book from ~$314 CAD
Luxury boutique Toronto-Yorkville hotel with indoor pool, day spa, High Tea & fine dining
Located on the edge of Yorkville, the upscale Windsor Arms is a 5-minute walk from the ROM.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, newspapers
- Guests often praised the rooms for their beauty and comfort
- Staff were attentive and welcoming said guests
- Location was perfect, on a quiet street, but near to Bloor's restaurants, shops and subway stop
- Many enjoyed meals on site
- The pool and other facilities were well liked
- Wi-Fi was rated as excellent by guests online
- Valet parking is $30 per day or $45 for overnight
- A few guests complained that there was no lobby seating
Book from ~$329 CAD
Luxury Toronto-Yorkville hotel with private balconies, indoor pool, day spa and fine dining
The highly-rated luxury Hazelton Hotel in Toronto's Yorkville neighbourhood is a 4-minute walk from the ROM.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi
- Rooms were designer modern, spacious with comfortable beds and high-end amenities
- Staff exceptional according to many guests
- Guests enjoyed the pool and fitness facilities on site
- Many found the dining and breakfast delicious
- Location perfect for walking in Yorkville to shops, restaurants, galleries
- Mandatory property facility fee $12 daily includes local calls, in-room coffee, tea and cold drinks, house car service, business centre, pool and fitness centre, newspapers
- Valet parking costs $40 overnight
- Some guests complained about the desk staff trying to upsell them at check-in time
- Some felt breakfast was overpriced
- Poor views from some rooms a disappointment at times
- Wi-Fi speed slow according to a few guests
7.1 | Good
Comfort Hotel Downtown Toronto
15 Charles Street East
0.7 km from Royal Ontario Museum
Book from ~$118 CAD
Well-liked downtown Toronto hotel near subway and restaurants, with clean rooms & free Wi-Fi
Just off of Yonge Street and steps from shopping, the Comfort Hotel is a 10-minute walk from the museum.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Numerous guests praised the hotel's proximity to shopping and public transit
- The hotel's staff were complimented on their friendly and helpful service
- Several lodgers were pleased with their clean and comfortable rooms
- Guests appreciated this hotel for the good value it offered
- Parking is $21 per day
- A few guests reported dated decor
- Noise transfer was reported by a few travellers
- A couple of guests said the bathrooms were quite small
Book from ~$98 CAD
Victorian Manor boutique hotel in Toronto's Annex with basic rooms and six popular pubs
Located in the Annex district, the Madison Manor is similar to a bed & breakfast style hotel with basic accommodation and has an adjoining pub called the Madison Avenue Pub, which is popular with the university crowd. It's an 11-minute walk from the museum.
- Free Wi-Fi, free breakfast, $12 coupon for restaurant
- Several guests felt as though the hotel offered competitive room rates
- Guests typically thought that their rooms were clean
- Guests liked the location for its proximity to transit and restaurants
- Parking is $18 per night and limited
- No elevator
- Numerous guests thought that this hotel lacked peace and quiet
- Some guests found the staff to be unhelpful
- Several guests thought the breakfast was too basic
Tips For Staying Near Royal Ontario Museum
One of North America's largest, the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) is located near to Toronto's Yorkville neighbourhood at the corner of Bloor St. W and Queen's Park. It is surrounded by both posh and casual restaurants and shops and sits among a cluster of museums and art galleries.
General admission is $17 for adults, although the featured exhibit requires an additional amount, which changes depending on the exhibit. Seniors and students pay $15.50 for general admission with ID, while children aged 4 to 14 pay $14. Group rates are also available by visiting their website.
Regular operating hours are 10 am to 5:30 pm. The museum may also have extended hours for special events or during certain times of the year. The ROM is closed on Christmas Day.
As the museum is centrally located, getting around by car can require an act of patience due to the high amounts of traffic in the downtown area of Toronto. There are a number of TTC subway locations nearby, such as the Museum Station, which is within a 1-minute walk of the ROM. The museum is also within a 15-minute walk of all of the hotels listed below.
The Toronto Transit Commission operates service throughout the city of Toronto for a single-ride fare of $3.25. An unlimited-use day pass for one adult on weekdays can be purchased for $12. The same pass is valid for two adults and up to four children on weekends. For more fare and route information, visit their website.
Two of the city's main arteries, the Gardiner Expressway serving east and westbound traffic, and the Don Valley Parkway serving north and southbound traffic, are about 10 minutes' drive from the ROM. Highway 401 is approximately 20 minutes north of the city by car.
Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) is approximately 30 minutes away, depending on traffic.
A parking garage for cars only is available at 9 Bedford Road, just a 4-minute walk from the museum. Rates are $13 during the day from 7 am to 6 pm and $7 at night from 6 pm to 7 am, weekdays and Saturdays. Sunday and holiday parking is $6 per 12 hour period.
Druxy's ROM Cafe offers all the regular Druxy's menu options, as well as a special ROM menu including pizzas, hamburgers plus other grilled and hot items.
A number of fine dining and fast food restaurants are within a 5-minute walk of the museum.
At the ROM there are a number of rotating exhibits and activities, for people of all ages and interest groups, throughout the year. For an up-to-date listing of what's available, visit their event calendar and don't forget to check out their current exhibitions and galleries to see what's new!
Friday Night Live at the ROM is a club-like experience for a strictly 19+ crowd that runs throughout the fall months. Admission is $15 and features DJs, art exhibits and admission to stroll around the museum, drink in hand. The museum's hours are extended for this event.
The ROM offers free walking tours of Toronto called ROMwalks, bus tours involving day trips in Toronto and surrounding areas called ROMbus, plus world culture and natural history tours called ROMtravel. Click here for more information on these offers.
The museum always has a lot going on, so the ROM provides a downloadable visitor's guide so that you can plan ahead for your visit.
The CityPass offers exclusive access to Toronto's top attractions in one express ticket. The pass is currently $57.52 + tax for adults and $36.75 + tax for children ages 4-12. The pass grants access to the ROM, CN Tower, Casa Loma, plus either the Toronto Zoo or the Ontario Science Centre. To purchase online, or for more information, visit the CityPass website.
The ROM offers special event packages for those wishing to host a private party among the priceless collections in the museum, and passes for bridal parties looking for a fabulous backdrop for wedding pictures. Contact [email protected] for further information.
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the museum.