Error: Please specify a city, area, point of interest, or hotel
Oct 18, 2016
Error: Please specify a city, area, point of interest, or hotel
Ontario Science Centre
Editor's Top 4 Picks
8.3 | Very Good
The Westin Prince Toronto
900 York Mills Road
4.4 km from Ontario Science Centre
Book from ~$99 CAD
Highly praised north Toronto hotel on 15 acres of parkland with outdoor pool and fine dining
- The staff were frequently complimented for their attentive and helpful service
- Several guests described their rooms as spacious and modern
- Several reviewers found the hotel well located for accessing Highway 401 and the Don Valley Parkway
- The food at the on-site restaurants was praised by several guests
- Several guests enjoyed the outdoor pool area
- A couple of reviewers thought that the room rates were reasonable
- The decor is slightly dated according to some
- Self-parking is $12 per night and valet parking is $18 per night
- Wi-Fi costs $9.95 per 24 hours
- Some guests complained about the extra fees
- Some guests complained about the extra fees for Wi-Fi and parking
7.4 | Good
BEST WESTERN Roehampton Hotel & Suites
808 Mount Pleasant Road
4.3 km from Ontario Science Centre
Book from ~$116 CAD
Comfortable midtown Toronto hotel with outdoor rooftop pool, free hot breakfast & free Wi-Fi
- Free Wi-Fi, free hot breakfast
- Numerous guests were pleased with the level of customer service they received
- The hotel's breakfast was praised for its variety and quality
- Several lodgers enjoyed their clean and spacious rooms
- Guests thought the hotel was conveniently located near shopping, dining and public transit
- Parking is valet-only, with limited spots, and costs $16 per day
- A few guests complained of noise transfer
- A few reviewers felt the hotel was overpriced
6.2 | Fair
Clarion Hotel & Suites Selby
592 Sherbourne Street
5.9 km from Ontario Science Centre
Uptown Toronto hotel in a converted mansion with modernized rooms and free breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi, free continental breakfast
- Many guests were pleased with the hotel's reasonable and fair rates
- Numerous lodgers enjoyed their clean and updated rooms
- The hotel was praised for its proximity to public transit and downtown
- On-site parking fee of $17 per day
- Some guests complained about the quality and lack of variety of the free breakfast
- Some guests said the area surrounding the hotel is sketchy
- Guests complained of common areas needing upgrading and musty smells
8.3 | Very Good
Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel
90 Bloor Street East
6.3 km from Ontario Science Centre
Book from ~$168 CAD
Convenient and comfortable Toronto uptown hotel near subway, shopping and restaurants
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi in lobby, newspapers
- Many guests loved the location with handy indoor access to restaurants, shopping and the subway
- Guests found the rooms clean, spacious and comfortable
- Guests enjoyed breakfast and dining on site
- Staff were well liked, courteous and very helpful
- Wi-Fi costs $13.60 + tax per 24 hours
- Valet parking is $35 per night
- Wi-Fi received low scores in online guest surveys
- Some considered the rooms a little dated
- Some guests reported high prices at the restaurant on site
5 Other Hotels Close to Ontario Science Centre
6.8 | Fair
Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites
175 Wynford Drive
1.3 km from Ontario Science Centre
Book from ~$73 CAD
Pet-friendly Toronto-Don Valley hotel with indoor and outdoor pools but mixed reviews
This hotel is a 3-minute drive or taxi ride from the Science Centre. It can also be reached within 6 minutes by the Route 144 bus and the nearest stop is a 1-minute walk from the hotel.
This hotel offers a Science Centre package that includes nightly accommodations, two adult and two children's tickets to the Science Centre.
This package may be booked through the hotel's website or by calling the hotel and is not available during March Break.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, newspapers
- Many found clean and comfortable rooms
- Location was handy to the DVP expressway, shopping and restaurants by car
- Staff were usually called friendly and helpful
- Several guests enjoyed meals on site
- Parking is $11.95 + tax per day
- Some found the rooms dated, or in need of better cleaning and maintenance
- Guests were upset to be asked for a damage deposit at check-in
- Some complained of noise from partiers, neighbours and in-room heaters
- Some said the Wi-Fi did not work well
- Some guests were upset over extra charges: resort-facility fee, parking and mini-fridges
- Some guests found the restaurant overpriced
6.6 | Fair
Days Inn - Toronto East Beaches
1684 Queen Street East
5.8 km from Ontario Science Centre
Book from ~$115 CAD
10-minute drive from city centre, free continental breakfast, mixed room reviews
This hotel is a 15-minute drive from the Science Centre.
It can be reached by public transit, however, it is a bit complicated. Travellers would transfer from the 22 Coxwell bus to the Bloor Subway line to the 25 Don Mills bus and the entire trip would take around 50 minutes with transfer times.
- Free Wi-Fi, free breakfast, free parking
- Many guests praised the hotel's friendly and knowledgeable staff
- The hotel was close to public transit and restaurants according to numerous reviewers
- Several lodgers were satisfied with their clean and well-maintained rooms
- A few guests reported worn rooms and musty odours
- The hotel's free breakfast was described as mediocre and limited
5.7 | Mediocre
Days Hotel & Conference Centre - Toronto Don Valley
185 Yorkland Boulevard
6.0 km from Ontario Science Centre
Book from ~$121 CAD
Toronto-Don Valley budget hotel near Hwy 401 with indoor pool but many complaints
This hotel is 10 to 15 minutes from the Science Centre by car or taxi.
The hotel is a 1-minute walk from the nearest bus stop and a combination of the 24A Victoria Park bus and the 25 Don Mills South bus will take you to the Science Centre within 40 minutes including transfer time.
This hotel has a package that combines accommodations and tickets to the Science Centre. This package can be booked through the hotel's website or by calling the front desk staff.
- Free Wi-Fi, free local calls
- Numerous guests thought that the staff were accommodating, friendly, and/or helpful
- Some guests liked the hotel's close proximity to either the 404 or 401 Highway
- Good value according to some guests
- Some guests found comfortable beds
- Rooms basically clean according to some
- Parking costs $5 for overnight
- Guests said the hotel was in dire need of updating
- Many guests complained of rooms that were too cold
- Guests said many facilities out of order including elevators, and hot tub
- Public areas were shabby according to guests
- Cleaning issues were reported by some guests
Book from ~$90 CAD
Friendly east Toronto hotel with indoor pool, restaurant & lounge and some renovated rooms
This hotel is a 9- to 13-minute drive or taxi ride from the Science Centre. By bus, it can be reached within 40 minutes by a combination of the 34 Eglinton East bus and the 24A Victoria Park bus and the nearest stop is a 2-minute walk from the hotel.
This hotel has a package that includes two adult and two children's tickets to the Science Centre and accommodations. This package can be booked through us, CanadianHotelGuide.
- Free Wi-Fi, free local shuttle service (on demand), free bottled water
- Many guests appreciated being near major highways such as the 401
- Some guests thought that their rooms were large or spacious
- Guests appreciated the renovated rooms in Floors 1-4
- The staff were well liked at this hotel for being kind and accommodating
- Some guests said the hotel was dated
- A few guests complained about intermittent Wi-Fi
- Parking is $8 plus tax per night
8.0 | Very Good
Canada Suites Yorkville
55 Bloor Street East, Bloor-Yorkville
6.4 km from Ontario Science Centre
Condo units with full kitchens and en suite laundry in downtown Toronto with indoor pool
This hotel is 15 to 20 minutes from the Science Centre by car or taxi.
To get to the Science Centre from this hotel by public transit, it would require riding along the Bloor Subway line and transferring to the 25 Don Mills North bus. The ride would take around 32 minutes with transfer times and the Yonge Subway Station is a 1-minute walk from the hotel.
- Free Wi-Fi and free local calls
- Several guests described their rooms as generally comfortable and well appointed
- A few reviewers found the location convenient for accessing shopping and restaurants
- A couple of reviewers thought that the units were well equipped
- A couple of guests thought that this property offered good value
- Parking is $28 per night
- Several guests had difficulty obtaining service and help from those who rented out the condos
Tips For Staying Near Ontario Science Centre
The Ontario Science Centre is located in the east end of Toronto at the intersection of Don Mills Road and Eglinton Avenue East.
The area surrounding the Science Centre consists of parks and green space, residential houses and apartment buildings and a few stand-alone retail establishments.
The regular rate for parking at the Science Centre is $10 per vehicle. The rate for members is $5 per vehicle and free for Gold members.
Getting Around: Driving
As there are not many hotels located very close to the Ontario Science Centre, it will likely be necessary to drive or take public transit to access the hotels listed below. Driving times range from 3 to 20 minutes.
The estimated taxi fare to reach any of the hotels listed below ranges from $9 to $24. There are several taxi companies serving Toronto, including Beck Taxi.
Getting Around: Public Transit
There are four bus stops located around the outside of the Ontario Science Centre. Each of the hotels listed below is accessible by public transit, with some routes being more straightforward than others. Detailed route descriptions are given under each hotel.
There is a food court located on Level 6 (Lower Level) of the Science Centre, which offers a variety of fast-food options. The Lobby Cafe is located at the entrance lobby and serves sandwiches, snacks and Starbucks coffee.
There is an additional snack area called 'KidSpark Cafe' located on Level 4, which is only open on weekends and holidays. This cafe serves quick meals for kids, such as pizza and hot dogs as well as beverages.
Detailed information about all of the dining facilities can be found on the Ontario Science Centre website.
There are both permanent and rotating exhibits held within the 10 exhibition halls of the Science Centre. Permanent exhibits include the Planetarium, the Science Arcade and the Electricity Demo.
The OMNI IMAX theatre is also a permanent fixture, however, the films are shown on a rotating basis.
Aside from the exhibits at the Science Centre, there are also events such as Day Camps and other special programs. A calendar of all upcoming events and exhibits can be found on the Science Centre's website.
Several types of memberships to the Ontario Science Centre are available and may save you money if you intend on visiting the centre and taking part in many exhibits several times in a year. Full information on memberships can be found on the Science Centre's website.