Error: Please specify a city, area, point of interest, or hotel
Oct 18, 2016
Error: Please specify a city, area, point of interest, or hotel
Editor's Top 2 Picks
8.2 | Very Good
Sheraton Hamilton Hotel
116 King Street West
18.8 km from Liuna Gardens
Book from ~$145 CAD
Popular downtown Hamilton hotel with indoor pool, restaurant-lounge and comfy beds
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, pet stays, newspapers
- Rooms were clean and well appointed with very comfortable beds
- Location was close to venues and attached to Jackson Square mall
- Staff were courteous and well liked
- Guests enjoyed the Loft lounge and Starbucks in the lobby
- Indoor pool and outdoor deck added value
- Wi-Fi was rated as very good overall
- Self-parking is $12.50 and valet parking is $22.50, per night, plus tax
- No mini-fridges in the rooms a disappointment
- A few guests complained of noise from the hallways
- Some found the downtown area a little sketchy with panhandlers
9.2 | Excellent
Best Western C Hotel by Carmen's
1530 Stone Church Road E
14.8 km from Liuna Gardens
Book from ~$140 CAD
Highly praised boutique hotel in southeast Hamilton with indoor pool and jacuzzi suites
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, parking, guest laundry
- Rooms were described as very clean and well appointed
- Staff were professional and very personable
- Guests loved the on-site dining
- Location was close to highways, area attractions, restaurants and shopping
- Good value according to many guests
- Parking could be limited during busier banquet times
- Some were disturbed music from the banquet hall and guests in the halls
7 Other Hotels Close to Liuna Gardens
Popular but dated Grimsby hotel near QEW with well-liked restaurants, indoor pool & day spa
This hotel is a 7-minute drive or taxi ride from the event facility and is located in Grimsby. It is conveniently located at a 1-minute drive from the on-ramp of the QEW.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, parking
- Conveniently close to the QEW, according to guests
- Good food at the on-site restaurants, according to guests
- Some guests left rave reviews of the event and catering staff
- Guests said rooms were clean and comfortable
- Many guests praised the customer service
- Some guests said decor was aging
Book from ~$103 CAD
Guests praised the clean, well-maintained indoor pool and the modern gym
This hotel is located in Grimsby and is 7 minutes from the event facility by car or taxi on a straightforward route along the QEW, which is a 1-minute drive away.
- Free Wi-Fi, free continental breakfast, free parking
- Conveniently close to shops, restaurants and the QEW
- Guests praised the staff for being efficient
- Clean, spacious rooms, according to guests
- A few guests thought the continental breakfast lacked variety
Hamilton east end hotel just off the QEW offering rooms with jacuzzi and a fireplace
This hotel is a 13-minute drive or taxi ride from the event facility and is located in Hamilton. It is located at a 2-minute drive away from both South Service Road and the QEW, which both lead to Liuna Gardens.
- Free Wi-Fi, free parking, free hot breakfast
- Many guests were pleased with the hotel's reasonable rates
- The hotel's staff were found to be friendly by numerous patrons
- The hotel's free breakfast was praised for its quality and selection
- A few travellers found the hotel's lot difficult to access or locate
- A few guests thought furnishings were dated
Book from ~$117 CAD
Clean rooms, friendly service, but concerns about a lack of value for the price
This hotel is located in Hamilton and is a 16-minute drive or taxi ride from the event facility. It is a 5-minute drive from South Service Road and the QEW.
- Free Wi-Fi, free parking and free breakfast
- Many guests described their rooms as clean
- Several reviewers complimented the staff for their friendly service
- A few guests found the location convenient for accessing shopping, restaurants, and highways
- A few reviewers specifically mentioned the in-room flat screen TVs as value-added features
- Several guests mentioned that they were not likely to return to this hotel
- Several reviewers thought that this hotel did not offer good value for the money they spent
- A few guests complained about smelling cigarette smoke in the rooms and halls
- A few reviewers described the decor as dated
- A few guests complained about the food and selection at the free breakfast
Renovated downtown Burlington hotel with indoor pool, restaurant and free hot breakfast
This hotel is located in Burlington and is an 18-minute drive or taxi ride from the event facility. It is situated on Lakeshore Road, which connects to the QEW within a 2-minute drive of the hotel.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, hot breakfast
- Rooms were clean and updated with comfortable beds
- Location was excellent, close to the water, restaurants and downtown
- Staff were described as friendly and upbeat
- Some enjoyed views of Lake Ontario from their guest rooms and the restaurant
- Parking is $5 per night
- Breakfast and other dining received mixed reviews from guests
- Guests were often disappointed with the views from their rooms
- Noise disturbance from within the hotel an issue for some guests
Book from ~$115 CAD
Older downtown Hamilton walk-up budget hotel with basic rooms and mixed reviews
This hotel is located in Hamilton and is a 25-minute drive or taxi ride from the event facility.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, breakfast, parking, local calls, newspapers
- Rooms offered the basics and were generally considered clean
- Location was central to downtown attractions and hospitals
- Some staff members were liked for being friendly and helpful
- No elevator to second floor
- Some found the rooms in need of better maintenance and cleaning
- Parking was limited
- Some guests did not like the area and found it seedy
- Guests often complained of dirty carpets in the halls and stairways
- Their were some reports of suspected bed bugs May 2010, Feb 2012, July 2016, Sept 2016
Book from ~$233 CAD
Central downtown location, indoor pool, clean and well-appointed rooms
This hotel can be reached from the event facility within 26 minutes by car or taxi and is located in Hamilton.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Many guests described their rooms as clean and well-appointed
- Many reviewers found the location convenient for exploring the downtown area on foot
- The staff were frequently complimented for their friendly and helpful service
- Several guests found their beds to be comfortable
- Several reviewers mentioned the indoor pool as a value added feature
- A few guests thought that the guest bathrooms were small
- A few reviewers said that the neighbourhood immediately surrounding the hotel did not appear to be safe
- A few guests were disturbed by noise from within the hotel
Tips For Staying Near Liuna Gardens
Liuna Gardens is an event facility that hosts banquets, weddings, social and corporate events and is located in Stoney Creek, Ontario. It is located on the waterfront of Lake Ontario and is a 4- minute drive from the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) Highway.
The area directly surrounding the event facility consists of residential houses and parks.
There is a parking lot at Liuna Gardens with an approximate capacity of 400 vehicles and parking is free for attendees of any event at the facility.
Getting Around: Driving
Driving or taking a taxi will likely be the best way to travel to and from this event facility from any of the hotels listed below, as there are limited public transit options and the nearest access point for a bus is a 7-minute drive away. Driving times to the hotels listed below range from 7 minutes to 25 minutes.
The hotels listed below are located in cities and towns surrounding Stoney Creek including Hamilton, Grimsby and Burlington.
Many of the hotels are situated close to the QEW Highway, making the driving route to Liuna Gardens straightforward. The distance from the hotel to the QEW is listed under each applicable hotel.
Taking a taxi is the alternative option to driving as there is a lack of public transit options in the area, however, it may be costly to access the further hotels. Rates to access any of the below hotels range from approximately $12 to $50.
There are no restaurants located at the facility, however, many of the events held at Liuna Gardens, such as weddings, are catered and therefore additional dining options are not needed.