Error: Please specify a city, area, point of interest, or hotel
Oct 21, 2016
There are only 4 hotels in Gander. All are close the the airport and downtown and all have on-site dining, offer free parking and Wi-Fi.
Editor's Top Pick
8.8 | Very Good
Comfort Inn Gander
112 Trans Canada Highway
4.1 km from Gander Airport
Book from ~$128 CAD
Clean Gander hotel with moderns rooms, friendly staff, restaurant and free breakfast
Comfort Inn has the best ratings overall and is ranked # 1 out of 4 hotels in Gander. Many guest reviewers say it is the best hotel in Gander with modern rooms, quality beds and sheets and even reasonable rates. It seemed a little high on the day we checked and came out the most expensive of the lot, but it offers free breakfast which the other hotels don't and that could add up quickly for two adults along with tax if you had to pay extra for it. It's a 2-minute drive or 13-minute walk to Gander Golf Club, a 4-minute drive to Gander Mall and 3 minutes to downtown. The airport is 13 minutes away by car.
- Free Wi-Fi, free continental breakfast, free parking
- Numerous guests enjoyed their clean and modern rooms
- Several reviewers reported reasonable rates
- The staff were praised as friendly and helpful
- Some guests rooms come with mini-fridges and microwaves
- Jungle Jim’s Family Restaurant is on-site serving a free continental breakfast, plus lunch and dinner.
- A few guests reported noise transfer from the highway
3 Other Hotels Close to Gander Airport
Book from ~$119 CAD
Older Gander hotel near Hwy 330 with clean but dated rooms, restaurant & free hot breakfast
This hotel is a 5-minute drive or taxi ride from the airport. The area around the hotel is a mix of residential and commercial. The hotel is located across the street from Gander Mall.
Parking at this hotel is free for the duration of your stay. The hotel is able to accommodate extended parking of an additional day or two after check-out. It is recommended to contact the front desk about this option.
This hotel has an on-site restaurant called Mystic Dining Room, which is open daily from 7 am to 2 pm and 5 pm to 9 pm.
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, hot breakfast, parking, pet stays
- Many guests found the rooms to be clean
- Guests found the location convenient to the highway, the airport, shopping and restaurants
- Free hot breakfast was enjoyed by guests
- Wi-Fi was reliable, according to guests
- Many guests enjoyed dining on site at the hotel's restaurant
- Many found the staff helpful
- Many found the rooms very dated and in need of renovation
- A few guests complained of noise transfer
- Guests found the kitchenettes old and with very few plates and utensils
- Some guests felt the hotel charged a lot for the quality of the property
Book from ~$123 CAD
Gander hotel with indoor pool, restaurant, kitchenette & jacuzzi suites, free parking
This hotel is located off of the Trans-Canada Highway in Gander, and is an approximate 13-minute drive or taxi ride from the airport. There are two other hotels along this stretch of highway, as well as truck stops. A bay leading to Lake Gander can be seen from the other side of the road.
The centre of Gander is an approximate 5-minute drive from the hotel or a 25-minute walk. The North Atlantic Aviation Museum is 4 minutes away on foot, while Gander Golf Club and the James Paton Memorial Hospital are about 13 minutes away on foot, or 2 minutes away by car.
Free parking is available during your stay at this hotel. Extended parking of an additional day or two after check-out may be available. Guests interested in this option should arrange it with the front desk manager upon checking in.
There are two restaurants at the hotel, including Alcock & Brown's Eatery, which is open 7 days a week from 7 am to 2 pm and 5 pm to 9 pm. There is also Tomcat's Bar and Grill, which is open Monday to Thursday from 5 pm to 11 pm, Friday and Saturday from 5 pm to 12 am, and Sunday from 5 pm to 10 pm.
Tim Hortons is 4 minutes away on foot.
- Free Wi-Fi, free parking
- Many guests praised the hotel's location
- The hotel's staff were complimented on their friendly and welcoming nature
- Several patrons were pleased with the quality and price of the on-site restaurant
- Some guests were disappointed with their outdated and worn rooms
- A few reviewers said the pool was small and the fitness room was under-equipped
Book from ~$120 CAD
Dated Gander motel on Hwy 1 with well-liked restaurant, free parking and free pet stays
This hotel is located along the Trans-Canada Highway, and is near two other hotels as well as a few truck stops. and is an approximate 13-minute drive from the airport.
The centre of Gander is a 25-minute walk or 5-minute drive or taxi ride from the hotel. A local hospital, James Paton Memorial, as well as the Gander Golf Club, can be accessed within a 15-minute walk or 2-minute drive.
Complimentary parking is available during your stay at this hotel. Extended parking may be available and it is recommended to ask the front desk manager upon check-in.
This hotel has an on-site dining room, which is open daily from 7 am to 2 pm and 5 pm to 9 pm. A Tim Hortons is nearby, only 1 minute away on foot.
- Free Wi-Fi, free parking, free pet stays
- The hotel's location was praised by many reviewers
- Many guests were pleased with the food and service provided in the on-site restaurant
- Several lodgers were pleased with their clean and spacious rooms
- No elevator
- Guests generally felt the hotel was overpriced
- Some guests complained of dated decor and uncomfortable beds
- Some guests complained of noise disruptions
Tips For Staying Near Gander Airport
Gander International Airport (YQX) is located in the town of Gander, Newfoundland, just outside of the city centre, which is an approximate 5- to 10-minute drive or taxi ride from the airport. The area directly surrounding the airport is mostly rural, with a few spread-out houses and buildings.
There is both short-term and long-term parking available at the airport. The rate for short-term parking is $1 per hour for a maximum of 2 hours. The minimum charge is $1, so those parking for less than 1 hour will still be charged for the whole hour.
Rates for long-term parking past the 2-hour limit are $5 per day or $60 per month.
Getting Around: Driving
The airport has kiosks for several car rental companies, including Avis, Budget, National and Thrifty. Car rental prices will vary depending on date, length of rental and type of vehicle. Average rates for a standard car rental will be approximately $68 to $78 per day.
Busy Bee Cabs is listed on the airport's website as the taxi company available for 24-hour service to and from the airport. A taxi ride to any of the closest hotels will take about 5 minutes and will cost approximately $12 for a one-way ride.
Getting Around: Public Transit
There is a passenger coach bus run by DRL for trips from Gander Airport to various locations in Newfoundland outside of Gander. There are no local public transit routes or buses that will take you to your hotel from the airport.
There is a 24-hour restaurant in the airport, as well as several vending machines close to the boarding area.