Error: Please specify a city, area, point of interest, or hotel
Oct 18, 2016
Error: Please specify a city, area, point of interest, or hotel
Editor's Top 3 Picks
Book from ~C$97
Niagara Falls-Clifton Hill motel with outdoor pool, balconies, family and hot tub suites
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, breakfast, local calls, newspapers, electric vehicle charging
- Guests said their rooms were clean and comfortable
- Great location for walking to restaurants, attractions and viewing the falls
- Staff were helpful and friendly said guests
- Wi-Fi was very good according to guests
- Many found the rates affordable and good value
- Parking costs $10 per night
- No elevator to the 2nd floor
- Dated decor and furnishings according to some guests
- Free breakfast too basic with no hot items said guests
- Some guests found noise disturbance from inside and outside of the motel
8.1 | Very Good
Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade
5305 Murray Street
1.3 km from Casino Niagara
Book from ~C$154
Niagara Falls hotel with indoor pool, falls view rooms, free parking and free hot breakfast
- Free amenities: Wi-Fi, hot breakfast, parking, newspapers, coffee in lobby
- Rooms were updated and very clean with comfy beds
- Location was excellent, walking distance to Falls lookout, restaurants and attractions
- Wi-Fi was rated as good by reviewers online
- Free hot breakfast was well liked and generous
- Good value at this hotel said guests
- Well maintained pool enjoyed by guests
- No elevator in the motel section (but there is one in the 7-storey tower)
- Some mentioned that the exterior and the public areas (hallways, lobby and breakfast room) could use an update
8.3 | Very Good
Sheraton on the Falls
5875 Falls Avenue
0.2 km from Casino Niagara
Book from ~C$197
Highly praised Niagara Falls hotel with fallsviews, restaurants, indoor pool & jacuzzi rooms
- Guests typically enjoyed their rooms and found them clean, well appointed and comfortable
- Guests loved this location, near the Falls and Clifton Hill
- Guests were highly pleased about the views of the Falls
- Staff were helpful and friendly said guests
- Some guests enjoyed meals on site
- Wi-Fi was rated excellent by online guest reviewers
- Many said they would return to this hotel when visiting the Falls
- Wi-Fi is included in the mandatory resort fee of $15.95 + tax per day
- Self-parking is $29 + tax and valet parking is $45 + tax per night
- Some found the hotel pricey, especially with extra fees adding up at the end
- Some found the buffets expensive and uninspiring
- Some found their rooms or bathrooms small
7 Other Hotels Close to Casino Niagara
7.1 | Good
Crowne Plaza Hotel-Niagara Falls/Falls View
5685 Falls Avenue
0.1 km from Casino Niagara
Book from ~C$249
Historic Niagara Falls hotel attached to casino & waterpark, with fallsviews & jacuzzi rooms
Located on the Niagara River, this hotel overlooks the Falls and is within a short walking distance of Casino Niagara (1 minute). In fact, the hotel and casino are connected by an indoor walkway.
The Niagara Falls tourist area is very pedestrian friendly, and many attractions and amenities are within easy walking distance of about 5 minutes.
The 420, Niagara Veterans Highway, is a 2-minute drive away and the Rainbow Bridge (the border to the United States) is also within a 2-minute drive.
In addition to the Casino Niagara, guests may want to visit the Fallsview Indoor Waterpark, which is less than a 1-minute walk away. The tourist strip, Clifton Hill, is located less than a 3-minute walk away, and offers plenty of entertainment options, ranging from wax museums to mini-golf to restaurants for every taste.
Queen Victoria Park, with public viewpoints of the Falls, is also just a 3-minute walk away.
Guests can choose from a range of views of the American Falls across the Niagara River or both American and Canadian Falls on upper levels.
- Guests who booked the larger rooms with the better fallsviews and larger windows seemed to be pleased
- Location was well liked, close to attractions, the waterpark and restaurants
- The Rainbow Room restaurant was very well liked and had great falls views
- Staff were friendly and helpful said guests
- Mandatory resort fee of $15.95 per room, per night
- Self-parking costs $29 per day
- Guests often complained of small rooms and bathrooms
- Guests complained of extra charges, resort fee and tourism tax
- Some found the hotel dated, with hard beds, noise transfer and poor views
- Guests often felt the hotel did not provide enough value for the price
- Wi-Fi received lower scores in the online surveys
Book from ~C$179
Family-friendly Niagara Falls hotel with year-round skywalk to waterpark & free movie nights
Situated back from the Falls in town, this hotel is located directly across the street from Casino Niagara, at less than a 1-minute walk away.
The 420 Niagara Veterans Highway is a 2-minute drive away, while the Rainbow Bridge border crossing to New York is less than a 2-minute drive from the hotel.
On site, guests can enjoy a family movie night starting at 9 pm, as well as the fitness centre.
An above-ground, climate-controlled skywalk connects this hotel to the Fallsview Indoor Waterpark and Casino Niagara is located directly across the street, at less than a 1-minute walk away. Clifton Hill, the tourist strip, is an approximate 4-minute walk away.
This hotel does not boast a view of the Falls, but does offer views of the casino and the city from most rooms.
- Rooms were clean with comfortable beds
- Guests found the staff friendly
- Guests found the location handy to the waterpark and Clifton Hill
- Several reviewers felt they had received good value
- Wi-Fi was rated very good
- Guests appreciated getting bottled water and WEGO bus tickets
- Parking is $19 per night
- Resort fee of $9.95 per room, per night
- Promotion fee of 6.67% is charged by this hotel
- Some guests were upset about and refused to pay the voluntary promotion fee
- Dated rooms and hotel according to guests
- Several guests had billing discrepancies and issues
- Noise was a problem from: children running in hallways and from movie playing in courtyard #2
- Restaurants were found to be expensive/overpriced by guests
Book from ~C$142
Small, quiet B&B option close to the Falls
Bluecrest is a quiet bed and breakfast located on a residential street that is still among all the area attractions, but suitable for couples wishing for a quieter atmosphere. This is the closest bed and breakfast to Casino Niagara, at a 7-minute walk away.
The highway is a 2-minute drive away. Access to the Rainbow Bridge and Canada / US Border is also a 2-minute drive away.
This hotel offers a complimentary breakfast daily in the breakfast room.
Casino Niagara and Fallsview Indoor Waterpark are both about a 7-minute walk away, while Clifton Hill, the tourist strip, is a 10-minute walk away.
A view of the Falls cannot be seen from this low-lying residential house, but a leafy neighbourhood environment surrounds guest rooms.
- Free parking, free breakfast
- Most guests enjoyed the quality and selection of the complimentary homemade breakfast
- Several reviewers enjoyed their rooms and described them as clean and spacious
- Guests liked how close the hotel was to the Falls and Rainbow Bridge
- A couple of guests found the AC not cool enough
- A few guests had complaints about stains on the carpets
8.8 | Very Good
Country Inn & Suites Niagara Falls
5525 Victoria Avenue
0.2 km from Casino Niagara
Book from ~C$80
Clean Niagara Falls hotel with quiet and spacious rooms a 7-minute walk to Clifton Hill
Located just outside the main tourist area, on a main road, this hotel is a 7-minute walk from Casino Niagara.
The Rainbow Bridge and border into New York State is a 7-minute drive away, while the Niagara Veteran's Memorial Highway is a 4-minute drive away.
On-site is an indoor, heated pool, hot tub, fitness centre and a games room. A complimentary daily breakfast buffet is available for all guests. Also available to guests is a read-it and return-it lending library.
The Clifton Hill tourist strip is a 5-minute walk away, while viewpoints for the Falls at Queen Victoria Park are also a 5-minute walk away.
While the Falls are quite a distance away, city views can be seen from every room.
- Free Wi-Fi, free hot breakfast
- Numerous guests praised the hotel's proximity to attractions and the falls
- The hotel's staff were complimented on their friendly and helpful service
- Several reviewers were pleased with the hotel's affordable and reasonable rates
- The hotel's rooms were found to be clean and spacious
- A few guests complained about the hotel's added parking charge of $8 per day
- Spotty Wi-Fi and a lack of fridges in some rooms were reported by a few lodgers
Book from ~C$159
Situated in the Clifton Hill area, clean rooms and reasonable room rates
Located just north of all the most popular attractions of Niagara Falls, this hotel is a 7-minute walk from Casino Niagara.
The Niagara Veteran's Memorial Highway is a 4-minute drive away, while the Rainbow Bridge and US border is just a 7-minute drive from the property.
Located next door to the Inn and Suites, guests have access to that hotel's indoor pool, hot tub and fitness centre.
Within a 7-minute walk are Casino Niagara and the Fallsview Indoor Waterpark, while Clifton Hill is a 5-minute walk away. Queen Victoria Park and its viewing points of the Falls are also a 5-minute walk away.
This low-lying, three-storey hotel does not offer views of the Falls. City views are available from many rooms.
- Many guests described their rooms as clean
- Many reviewers thought that the location was convenient for accessing area attractions on foot
- Several guests thought that the room rates were reasonable
- Several reviewers found their beds to be comfortable
- A few guests described the front desk agents as friendly and helpful
- No on-site restaurant, no elevator and no Internet access
- Several guests thought that their room interiors were dated and in need of upgrades
- A few reviewers noticed an unpleasant odour in their rooms
Book from ~C$53
Clean but dated Niagara Falls hotel near Clifton Hill with indoor pool, balconies & jacuzzis
Located just west of the central tourist area, Michael's Inn is located on the river, just a 5-minute walk from Casino Niagara.
The Niagara Veteran's Memorial Highway is a 5-minute drive away, and the Rainbow Bridge crossing into New York State is just a 2-minute drive away.
On-site amenities at the hotel include an indoor pool, children's pool, sauna, arcade and fitness centre.
Nearby Clifton Hill and Queen Victoria Park with public viewing points of the falls are an 8-minute walk away.
City-view and river-view rooms are both available at this riverside hotel. While a view of the Rainbow Bridge may be seen from the river-view rooms, the Falls cannot be seen.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Many guests said the rooms were clean and comfortable
- Guests liked the quiet location, an easy walk to attractions
- Many guests felt that the property offered good value
- Many guests enjoyed the pool area at this hotel
- Parking is $10 per night
- Many guests described the rooms as dated and in need of updates
- Extra charges at the hotel were irritating to several guests
Book from ~C$81
3-minute drive from Falls, great free breakfast, helpful staff, clean rooms
- Free Wi-Fi, free breakfast, free parking
- Numerous guests praised the hotel's proximity to the Falls and Clifton Hill
- The hotel's rooms were found to be clean and comfortable
- The hotel's staff were complimented for their friendly and helpful service
- Several reviewers enjoyed the quality and variety of the free breakfast
- No on-site restaurant
Tips For Staying Near Casino Niagara
Located just a bit beyond the border on the Canadian side, at a 2-minute drive from the Rainbow Bridge between Ontario, Canada and New York, United States, Casino Niagara is one of many entertainment options while on holiday in Niagara Falls.
The American Falls are located just across the Niagara River and the Canadian (Horseshoe) Falls are a 20-minute walk away along a tourist-friendly, walk-able path.
This casino is a 1-hour drive from Pearson International Airport and a 1.5-hour drive from downtown Toronto, and is situated just 2 minutes from the Niagara Veterans Highway.
Getting Around: Public Transit
There are plenty of tour companies offering package deals by chartered bus to Casino Niagara. If you are planning a group trip, this may be your best option. Head to the Casino Niagara website to learn more about group promotions or to pick a tour company that suits your needs.
Niagara Region Transit Service has routes linking Niagara Falls - Welland - St. Catharines - Port Colborne - Fort Erie from Monday to Saturday and costs $6.
There is a seasonal paid shuttle service to the Falls and various tourist destinations in the Niagara Region from most hotels and the city, but does not operate during winter months. Passes can be purchased at a number of different retailers and information can be found on the WeGo website.
Parking at Casino Niagara is not free and varies from $5 to $10 depending on the day. If you sign up for a Players Advantage Club Membership and use that while gambling, you can earn free parking if wagering over a set dollar amount. Inquire while signing up for the card what the current minimum is to earn free parking.
With many on-site options open into the wee hours, Casino Niagara has plenty to offer. Market Buffet is an all-you-can-eat buffet on the main level open for lunch and dinner (11 am to 10 pm), while Lucy's Steakhouse on the second level is open for a more fine dining experience (5 pm to 10 pm).
Just next door to Lucy's Steakhouse is Quench Bar, which is open for breakfast and pub fare the rest of the day (8 am to 2 am). The Perks Cafe, located in the Rotunda entrance, is open for light snacks and gourmet coffee from 10 am to 4 pm.
Within a 2-minute walk on Clifton Hill are a wide variety of fast food and fine dining options to suit anyone's palate.
With over 1,500 slots and gaming machines, Casino Niagara's 95,000 square-foot gaming floor also contains 40 gaming tables and 12 poker-specific tables in the poker room on the second floor.
If sports betting is more your thing, the Sports Room features 26 HD screens and plush seating, showcasing all major sporting events. Also on offer is live music, ranging from local acts every weekend to impersonation bands mid-week.
Yuk Yuk's serves up comedy shows on site late in the week, featuring many different line-ups. For more information or to reserve tickets, call 1-877-YOU-LAFF (968-5233).
No matter which hotel you choose, don't miss a spectacular show every Friday, Saturday and Sunday during the summer (late May through September 1). Niagara Parks presents a 10 pm fireworks show in Queen Victoria Park with the Falls as a backdrop, about 12 minutes from the casino on foot.